Show me your bags please!

BabyMaker

Reaction score
Morning all,
I started thinking about my hospital bag contents then realised I havent actually got a nice bag to put it all in lol!
What's everyone got/going for? What size? Last time I bought a huge gym bag, stuffed it to the max and only used half of it's contents. I think the bag got chucked when we moved house and I cant remember the size.
My initial thoughts this time is a cabin holdall with handle and wheels but are they too small?
Any pictures of yours, links, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated:)
xx

I'm taking a cabin like bag. I'm not taking everything they list as like you many have said they didn't use it. Plus I live so close to the hospital that if I need ore my husband can get it x

Had mine custom made by a lady called Nikki from love that bag.
I've never had a "going away bag" so thought I'd treat myself.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 41
I took an all black small weekend case so I could wheel easily.

Anddd for baby I took a grey diesel holdall.

I was induced though, so took a fair bit in. Probably only bother with a weekend case this time and just make things fit. I think I took everything barr the sink last time. But nothing went to waste, just alot to unpack when I got home :lol:

xxxx

Eaw, that's beautiful!!!! Will google it...
Yeah, sounds like weekend/cabin bag is the way to go:)
Thanks xx

I've packed a cabin sized suitcase for me and the free changing bag with my pram for baby. I haven't actually taken a lot, just some of the toiletries packaging is quite big so I needed the space. I use a dslr camera so might sneak that in its own bag too!

I've got one of those cabin suitcases that call themselves something like 'the lightest suitcase ever'. Used it with my daughter and that plus a change bag was perfect x

I'd say a cabin bag would be fine - I'm having a section and I'll only be in 24hours so I'm
Not taking much at all...no idea what bag I'm taking though.

That was my hospital bag (Belvah Large Quilted Solid Color 21" Duffle Bag with Polka Dot Detachable Ribbons) now you can find it on amazon just for $39.

Attachments

• bag.png
    bag.png
    123.5 KB · Views: 14
Mi enis similar to the one above but with wheels. I use it as a weekend back and its fine. If it's a struggle which I doubt il just bring her changing bag. X

I'm not packing a bag this time but for my last two I used a small hand luggage sized wheelie suitcase for me and the changing bag for baby's bits. I always had too much but better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Plus our hospital is 30mins away so not as if Huby could just nip home xx

I have gone for this bag gorgeous and in the sale at the moment and bonus can be folded away into a little bag !!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 36
Thanks ladies! Really appreciate your input. I do love bags;-) So it has to be perfect lol! My next task is changing bag. Really like the look of Storksak Bobby range but still looking around. Xx

I brought mine at a baby show was £55.00 but hubby wanted one he could use and so not to girly. I do like bags but have to say a changing bag was not something I was to fussed about. I just wanted it to be big enough for her bits and my purse. I'd hate to spend loads on a bag and then a crapy nappy leak everywhere. Also it's a changing bag I won't be using it once she is old enough so for me personally seems a waste. I'd rather by a practical changing bag and myself a nice new bag. X

I was exactly the same with my DS as you Blueclass. I bought a reasonable changing bag for £35. As it turned out the changing bag became my handbag (obviously not on date nights but they didnt happen often lol) and after 6 months the bag broke and I forked out £60 for another one. I honestly didnt use a handbag for myself for at least 2 years. So this time I'm paying a bit more as I know I'll use it all the time. But everyone's different:) xx

I use my changing bag constantly with my two, and just treated myself to a new one for baby 3 as when I go out I still need nappies for 2, spare clothes for all 3 plus snacks, wipes and my stuff etc I love bags too and this will be my 4th changing bag, but only 1 has actually just started to fall apart after 3yrs use xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back