Should I take her to the Dr? UPDATE

KJL

Reaction score
Layla has had a really stuffy nose for 2 days now, it's not snotty, it's just very congested when she's breathing and she sounds really congested. Understandibly she's not very happy and has been sleeping badly and generally unhappy. She's been sneezing a lot and today has started coughing. I took her temp and it's not particularly high so i don't think she has a fever. I have a de-humidifier on at night and have been using karvol in it and on a muslin hanging near her moses basket. I've also been using saline drops in her nose.

It's really sad seeing her so congested and frustrated :(

I'm wondering whether she should c the dr or whether she just has a virus that will pass :think:

tbh they will only give you saline drops, Harriet has it too :cry: i hate seeing her suffer.

letting them sit in the bathroom while u have a steamy shower helps them

That's what I thought, unless it's an infection there's not much they can do...it's so horrible seeing our LO's suffer :cry: I hope Harriet feels better soon :hug:

I just struggled through a bottle with layla having to take breaks every few seconds so she could breath and I sat her up to wind her after 4 ozs and she coughed and projectile vommited the whole lot :( Poor sausage is really not happy :cry:

projectile vomit :D Harriet did it in my face the other night :rotfl: :rotfl: all OH could do was laugh at me :rotfl:

hope they get better soon

paradysso said:
projectile vomit :D Harriet did it in my face the other night :rotfl: :rotfl: all OH could do was laugh at me :rotfl:

hope they get better soon

I just got my legs and shoes covered in it...at least she aimed downwards :rotfl:

If you are concerned perhaps you could take her to see a dr - if for nothing else then for your peace of mind.

Is her nose stuffy all the time? Our princess has a stuffy nose in the morning and after she has brought up milk. I've only had it land on my back and front so far. However, I never knew that baby poo 'flies' as I nearly got on on my face the other day when I was carefully cleaning her girl bits!!!! :rotfl:

Might be best to take her to the Drs - I had the same thing 2 weeks ago - Emms caught my cold and I just wanted her checked out in case it had gone to her chest. They slotted me in quickly and said if we had any worries just to bring her along anytime.

Update:

called the GP at 5 and they said come in and we'll fit you in at the end of surgery hours. Dr. checked her chest, throat and heart rate and said that it's all fine and that she had a bad cold and the rash she has on her arms (that appeared this afternoon) is a viral symptom. He was really lovely and said to bring her back asap if anything changed. He said to keep her as hydrated a poss by offering her cooled boiled water and to use the saline drops in her nose before feeding and sleeping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back