congested baby

smokey08

Reaction score
M sounds really congested today. She sounds chesty and like she has a blocked nose.
She's only 3 weeks and I'm worried sick, is there anything I can do for her??

Have you tried saline drops up her nose? Really good for getting out any snot up her nose. If she seems to be struggling and off her feeds I'd get her checked. Sophia has had to be admitted to hosp when she has had a cold as her oxygen levels weren't great and I had no idea until we got whee checked. Because they are so tiny it's worth getting her checked xx

You could try saline spray for her blocked up nose hun. It works really well on Jack. Calpol make one. Other than that you could elevate where she sleeps slightly and keep your eye on her temp. It's awful when they're poorly and too young for any 'proper' medication. Hope she feels better soon x

Thanks girls, I must get the spray. She hasn't a temp and isn't off her feeds, she just sounds like she has a lot of mucus and is a bit harder to settle than normal. Xx

I commented on thus to my OH today. He's had the occasional White snot(?) come out too. Have u had this?

ya she has the odd white snot too!

im wondering is it the baby snuffles??? thats what my mam thinks it is and says its nothing to worry about, i really hope its not a cold coz she is so young! xx

I just used saline drops for Jacob, he had a terrible cold and cough at 3 weeks too, caught it from his brothers when they went back to school, took 3 weeks to go away too :(

is it white snot? F used to sneeze milk out her nose and then any remainder would dry as 'white' snot and come out over the nest few days or so. Maybe this is the case?! Quite common for baby to be chesty after birth (mucus etc) - as somebody mentioned try raising the end of her bed (we just popped books under head end of F's moses basket) and that helps ease her breathing at night. But if you're at all concerned ask the Dr or Hv, xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back