should i give up?

clairescunny55

Reaction score
ryan has been on homemade food for 3 weeks now and the past few days hes really been off his food, he wont even open his mouth. Should i just go back onto jars? it seems like im wasting so much food and its such a waste of 4 hours cooking it all :cry:

aww dont give up yet hun, what are you making him? glenn prefers creamy stuff and sunday dinners, i have a couple of really simple tasty recipes that you could try?

It's taking 4 hours to cook it? Why on earth?

He may just be off that particular food? I doubt jars will make much difference. As homemade food has more taste than jars, it sometimes takes them a little longer to get used to the taste, Willow was liek that with a few things, but I persevered. She would refuse to eat it, so i didn't push the matter, i just let her fill up on breast milk and kept offering it. missing the odd meal never hurt her :lol:

it takes 4 hours as I cook the whole weeks worth in one go. For example I'd do Sunday lunch, cottage pie, fish pie, fruity chicken and all his breakfasts. Rach, I'd love some more recipes plz xx

Hi,
My LO did exactly the same just before she got her teeth. She 'weaned' herself off it all back onto milk and stayed like that for 2 weeks. Then later I started her back on it again with jars because at least I could put half of it back in the fridge and try again later. Now I am gradually making my own things and replacing the jars. Didn't seem to make much difference to her and I was less stressed :)

Ryan was the same when his throat was inflamed cos it hurt him to eat. It didn't make a difference using homemade or jars it was the consistency that was the problem and what I made was too chunky so we went onto stage 1 equivalent for a bit. Maybe just blend it up a bit...

I do hope Ryan's allright, and back to enjoying his food real soon for oyu, very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

thanks ev1, hes still off his food, very mardy and wont have much milk either. The only thing i have changed is his milkto stage 3, could this put him off everything? or do you think it could be teething?

For me teething. In the day time she was like that but still woke up in the night for a bottle funnily enough :) does he want to eat/drink at night?

he is still sleeping through. he was screaming his head off last night, put some bonjea on and he fell straight to sleep :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back