Should I give her more?

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
Evie is 3 weeks old and now weighs 7lb 5oz.

She has a 4oz bottle every 3.5/4 hours but she's draining it and I don't know if I should start making up 5oz bottles?

On the guidelines on the SMA Gold tin it says a 7lb 7oz baby should be having 6x3oz feeds.... :doh:

Hi

I follow most guidlines on the tin but I refuse to folling the quantity! For the simple fact that if your baby is hungry your not going to sit there and think oh well I cant give you anymore coz the tin says so :D If she is hungry dont deny food. Make up a 5oz bottle and see if she takes it, she will only take what she wants so no harm done. :D

When Jacob starts draining almost every bottle i've always incresed his bottles an oz. He's 14 weeks old this week and has 8oz every 4 hours! Take no notice of the tins :roll:

ive been told once they start draining the bottles to put the feeds up by an oz at a time, i wouldnt take much notise of the tins hun its all done on the "average" baby :)
manda xx

Hun if shes draining it take it up an oz. If she doesnt want it she wont take it.

Hope it works :hug:

yep just increase it, harry is 11 weeks old taking 8 ounces x 6 a day.

Definitely increase it.

Connie jumped to 5oz feeds at 3 weeks I think there must be a growth spurt or something? She now drinks between 4-5oz a time every 3.5-6 hours. She's gone nearly 6 hours now I'm thinking about waking her up so I don't have a hellish night :rotfl:

Same as everyone else, ignore the tin and follow Evie's lead.. once she is draining all her bottles up it by an oz :hug:

I agree with what's above. You might find that she takes the full 5oz at some feeds and less at others. x

manda224 said:
ive been told once they start draining the bottles to put the feeds up by an oz at a time, i wouldnt take much notise of the tins hun its all done on the "average" baby :)
manda xx

Complelty agree.
If you think about the 'pre-packed formula (you know them little cartons you can get?) they always give you a 'full bottle' no matter how old your baby is - that to me says you should give whatever your baby demands - there is no 'law' :D

edwards 20 weeks and hes draining 5+ 9oz bottles.. the tin says he should have 7 oz bottles.. as soon as she starts draining bottles add an oz.. babys dont come with instructions..so how they can say if your baby weighes ths much they should be drinking this much i dunno

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back