Should I change Mhairi onto follow on milk?

LaineyG

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Mhairi is now seven and a bit months old.

I was told by my HV not to bother with follow on milk. I was to keep her on step 1 as she would get her additional iron requirements from her weaning diet.

Well, as posted in my finger food thread, the weaning ain't going so well.

I have decided to put her onto a finger food diet and to let her eat what she wants, as and when she wants.

This has made me worry that she won't get the right amount of iron from her solid diet, as she does not have a great appetite, and I'm suspicious of how much finger food actually goes "down the hatch" and how much actually ends up as crumbs or in the eager dog disposals that frequent the underneath of the highchair at mealtimes!

So, to follow on or not to follow on?

xxx

Hiya Lainey :wave:

I voted yes... But only because Fynns on Progress milk and has been since 6 months.. He is on a very good balanced diet, but I still didnt think it would do him any harm in giving him the progress milk.

I voted yes too, but not because I think you should, but because I have with Isaac, not everyone does change formula you see but I believe there's stages for good reason. He has HiPP so had stage 2 at 6months, then at 10months went on to stage 3 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back