Should i be worried?

kellysomer

Reaction score
I have been having period type pains and the odd tightening for the past week now and its getting a pain. The pains wake me up in the night and im not sleeping well, i need my sleep as i have 3 weeks of work left yet before i can leave!

The period pains over the past two days have got worse. Should i be worried about prem labour or do you think its normal?

Also the baby has her legs tucked up under my rib constantly and pushes all the time, the midwife has said she is a bit too small but she feels like shes running out of room. Will this rib shoving stop when she drops down to engage? She is very high at the mo with her bum stuck up!!

Hi

I dont think it is anything to worry about. Ive been getting period pains on and off since the baby started to engage. I did mention it to my midwife at my 36 week check up and she said its perfectly normal as everything is stretching as baby moves down.

The tightenings sound like braxton hicks to me.

If your still worry call your midwife just in case.

And my baby is fully engaged, "ready for labour" as wrote my MW, but she still sticks her knees and feet just under my ribbs, and I keep on getting kicks also. I saw my midwife 3 days ago, and she said that was fine, so don't worry for that, but she might not leave these ribbs before the birth...if she is on the small size, then, she might....Lucky you!

I have been taking too many sweets, I am paying off now! :lol:

Cramps and period pains, I can't comment on, as I have not got BH yet (yes, just 4 days before my due date!!! :? ) but if you are still worried, call your delivery suite at night (when your MW can't answer her phone! and ask them :wink: )

Hope you get some sleep soon
Take care,
Mel xx

Don't worry Mel, I didn't get BH with either of my first two pregnancies!! I have had them this time though which has been quite exciting!!

Kelly, it all sounds normal I am afraid hun, I have been getting pains like that for weeks now, its all the stretching and tightening that goes on this last trimester. There is nothing to stop you taking a paracetomol if it really gets you down!!

Much love

OMG Kerry 9 days to go!!!

How exciting!!!

Can you PM me with your address so i can send you a card when the babys born, as am sure you dont want to post it publically!

I thought it might all be normal and at least i know with all the bullying thats going on that shes ok!!! Ow shes beating me up now, i thought they were meant to not move so much now!!! LOL! Ow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back