• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Should I be worried?

Lulabell

Reaction score
Joshua is over 5 months old and shows no interest in rolling (done it once a few months ago) or sitting up. He can sit unaided sometime for 15 seconds sometimes but really doesn't seem to like it. He just loves his jumperoo and now hs ride on walker thing. I know babies develope at different rates but he just seems really lazy lol. Should I be concerned?xx

I don't know much about this sorry, but it may be Joshua's are lazy babies. My son Joshua is 11 weeks and can't hold his own head up too well xx

I wouldn't worry, my Jacks only been rolling since about 6 and a half months - hes really good at it now! As for sitting, he never wanted to and only is starting to get better at it the last few weeks but still throws himself backwards! I think they do things in their own time and just enjoy the time before hes on the move! lol x

iv been looking this sort or thing up as kayla hates tummy time therefor wont roll either lol and apparently its not a necessary part of development as plenty of babies go straight to walking and never roll or crawl until after walking first so dont worry about it too much,

Joshua hated tummy time but seems to be getting better at it. Thanks ladies. Just have a lazy boy obviously. Lol.x

No Tyler was sitting before rolling properly then one day he changed and rolled more. Having said that he really only rolls in his cot not loads on the mat!

1st LO was 6 months+ before he sat and he spent a lot of time in a bouncy chair/play gym. We don't use one with Lewis he spent a lot of time sitting upright playing with our help and now he can already sit unaided I think it's a case of practice makes perfect.

Isaac doesn't roll, he's done it once or twice so I know he can but he's just not bothered. He does try to sit up sometimes. My mum said boys take longer, they can be lazy! Not sure how much truth is in that but I'm thinking he's good at other things & he'll get there in the end!

Babies develop in different ways at different rates so dont worry he might talk early or do something else early!! Apparently I never crawled or rolled but one day I just got up and walked so he might do that??
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariyadavis
Back