Should I Be Worried?

Mummy0410

Reaction score
For just over a week I've been feeling really lightheaded and dizzy and shaky. At work last weekend I fainted twice, don't really know what happened just remember opening my eyes with a friend calling my name in my ear. Then all week when I have been out shopping or even just tidying up a horrible dizzy sick feeling comes over me when I'm walking and my legs turn to jelly and I just fall to the ground. Its so horrible and I don't know why its happening. Was reading in pregnancy books that its normal to feel like this but I'm not sure :( anyone else experienced this, what should I do?? Xxxxx

Think you should speak to gp hun as sounds like it could be a blood pressure or blood sugar problem maybe?

GP will be able to help you, but don't leave it as fainting is defo not right and you shouldn't keep feeling like it. I get moments of dizziness, but they are never more than a quick moment and are very infrequent. I put mine down to blood pressure changing quickly, but it happens so rarely it doesn't worry me.

Let us know how you get on xxxx

Heya!! Sorry you are going throught this.... I have issues with my blood pressure fluctuating and if I stand/walk for too long I get really light headed. I spoke to my midwife and GP and they checked my blood pressure and my iron levels and both were OK. They are moitoring me but said that it is very comon during pregnancy.

I would still go and get checked over by your GP just for peace of minds sake xx

Go get checked out.
Make sure you are eating and drinking enough and frequently. It could be your BP or blood sugars, and your GP will only advise you to eat and drink more or more frequently so you may as well begin now. When you begin to feel dizzy, sit down and clench and unclench your fists until it passes.

Thanx for ur replies ladies, I went to see GP and she checked me over BP, urine, blood sugar and everything was perfect, going back on wednesday for blood tests to see if I'm anaemic. But she told me in the meantime just 2 take things easy and if I feel faint I've just to sit down straight away and put my head between my legs until I feel better. Doesn't really help when I work 10-7 sat and sun and I'm standing all day apart from a half hour break at like 3ish :( xxxx

Oh how awful. Like the others said keep snacks and sugary drinks close at hand because this might help but glad you've been docs to get it checked out. Let us know how you get on xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back