Should I be here?

jodied

Reaction score
I have a beautiful three month old baby girl

I cannot stop thinking about ttc number two :shock:

Ideally we want about a two year gap so the original plan was to wait until Ella's first birthday before ttc then if we fell straight away it would be just under two years and if it took a few months it would be just over two years

But I keep thinking it would be nice to have a baby a bit before that as when I go back to work in January I will just be keeping my job ticking over between babies so why not crack on with number two and then go back properly sooner and get my career back on track after number two. So maybe could ttc after Xmas instead of waiting until Ella's birthday in April?!

On the other hand we have been invited to a wedding in las Vegas in august 2012 and I can't go if I'm too far gone... Plus don't know if I would even get pregnant if I'm still bf!!!

Sorry for long post Xx

Oh and it's my 30th birthday next October and was kind of hoping for a party and lots of champers but unless I get pregnant v quickly after Xmas I'm unlikely to be able to drink!!! Just something else to throw into the debate x

I'm paranoid I'll be right before testing for my 30th drinks on Saturday and we've got a wedding in Ireland and in Scotland next year, but lets hope I have a LO by then! lol

Good Luck when you try hun :) Lxx

aww i feel ur pain ! i would love another too ! but im gonna try and be good and wait ! i am going back to uni next year and its a 2 year course and i want to get established in a job for a year so its like at least end of 2014 i can begin ttc !! my LO is gonna be 5 by the time we have another !! :( I say if u want it, go for it ! ! x

Thanks lander hope you get a bfp as a birthday present! x

Hi huni,

I defiinatley think you should be here i've been waiting to start ttc #2 since DS was 6 weeks old. But I wanted to have at least a 3 year age gap so DS would be at nursery and my ad LO would be at home playing...DS is currently 15 months, so i'm waiting til the end of the year to start ttc, that way DS will be 2 1/2 or just over when baby arrives.

I'm also 30 next October, and would like a wee bit of a bash but i'd rather be have another baby instead..lol...

But do whats right for you and your family, the heart wants what it wants...

Vee.xx

Well I'm definitely here now!! Been thinking a lot about no 2 and hubby and I agree that we want to start ttc for a due date no earlier than mid Sep 2012. He's going to the wedding in Vegas at the beginning of Aug but I'm staying here to look after Ella so doesn't matter if I'm pregnant but just don't want to have baby whilst hubby is away hence aim due date of mid Sep (as Ella was one month early). So I'm stopping pill after tomorrow when I finish a pack and we will then use condoms until my period and until get to mid sep due date :)

Well I'm definitely here now!! Been thinking a lot about no 2 and hubby and I agree that we want to start ttc for a due date no earlier than mid Sep 2012. He's going to the wedding in Vegas at the beginning of Aug but I'm staying here to look after Ella so doesn't matter if I'm pregnant but just don't want to have baby whilst hubby is away hence aim due date of mid Sep (as Ella was one month early). So I'm stopping pill after tomorrow when I finish a pack and we will then use condoms until my period and until get to mid sep due date :)

Wooo hooooo!!!! I haven't been on,I'm excited for you Jodie!!!!

x x x x

Aww congrats!! I'm still here till just after Xmas hopefully. I want to wish you the best of luck! I know what you mean about the birthday thing...it's unfortunate there's so many thins we can't enjoy while pregnant but it's all worth it in the end and you'll have many more birthdays to come!....plus with another LO there will be another birthday to add to the year and there's no reason why you can't celebrate with a little drinky then too? Lol.
Ive seen a lot of opinions on here latley about age gaps between the first and second.
I havnt even had my first yet but I'm already trying to plan what age gap I want. Originally I thought I wanted to have a second when my first was about two, then five. I dunno. As long as the first is old enough to know right from wrong and to learn things I suppose it doesn't matter but there is a jealousy issue. If it's a girl which im hoping for maybe it wont be such an issue if there's a larger age gap...girls tend to really want a younger brother or sister and to help look after it even. If it's a boy then there might be more of a jealous issue , however as they both get older then he could take on the older protective brother role which woukd be nice.
I guess it's not really worth thinking about till number ones actually here and we've all settled in properly for a few months anyway.
Another thing....so many of you seem to feel broody after only a few weeks of a new baby...especially your first. I'm so scared I'll feel like that lol! I'll be overun with children one day if that's the case!

Quick update - my period came last monday (21st nov) so five weeks after stopping the pill. If we were to try this cycle then we would be due end of Aug if fell straight away so we are gonna wait one more cycle before ttc (which means I can enjoy a few drinks over Xmas) x

Well as my last post says the plan was to wait until next month but we were a bit drunk on fri night and ended up dtd without protection (cd19/cd20) so there's a risk we could be pregnant a month earlier than planned. Ideally not as I have a spa day booked and because of hubby's Vegas trip and the risk of baby coming early but on the other hand would obviously be pleased if we got our bfp without even really trying! Now of course I'm symptom spotting!!!

Oooh how exciting hunny, will keep an eye on your updates :) x x

Not much to report - today is cd30 and I had 30 day cycles before having Ella but no sign of af at the moment. Having said that it was a 34 day cycle last month so not considering myself "late" just yet! Cant decide when to test?! I didnt get my bfp with ella until i was 8 dats late but it wiuld be a nice xmas surprise if i knew then. Think I will test on 23rd if the witch hasnt got me as then I could get a digital to confirm on 24th and make a Xmas announcement. Ideally though the witch will arrive before then and we will then officially start ttc next month x

Good luck Jodie!!!!

Will keep an eye out for updates too :)

Well still no af (today is cd32) so will test in the morning if she doesn't get me before then x

Tested again yesterday - bfn. Still no sign of af - didn't test today as wanted to enjoy Christmas with Ella and if I had got a positive I would have wanted to tell my family but want to confirm with a digi if I do and I don't have any digis and obviously couldn't have bought one today. Heading to the in laws tomorrow and there until 30th so will test again on NYE if af hasnt put in an appearance by then x

Hope you know either way soon Hun! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back