Shopping List? What and when....?

ShadowWolf

Reaction score
Ok, so now a few of us have had our scans over the last wek or so, what will b on your shopping list and when will you get it? I hadn't bought anything at all because (as I said before) I expect everything to go wrong all the time so I had prepared for the worst. Now I have seen that wriggly little blob, I want to buy stuff.... SO ladies, what would you suggest buying, and when? Is it a cot first? Or a range of clothing? Do you buy newborn clothing or are babies frequently to big to fit in them? I need these questions answering....! Lol, I have no pregnant woment around me to ask these things!

And i'm a shop-a-holic when it isnt for me...

xxxx

For my other children I always started wiv a few packs of basic clothes,vests,bibs,sleepsuits etc...all in newborn.

This is my first, so not sure what you're suposed to do, but I'm going to buy little bits - baby grows, baby bath, blankets, bibs etc, and then buy cot, pram, car seat etc after 20 week scan. I'm always so paranoid, so the way I see it is, if I buy little bits now I can have that shopping excitement buzz - but if anything does happen to bub, i can put them away for next one - putting away a cot or pram isn't so easy. Plus by spreading it out it will hopefully spread the cost a bit :) xx

i been buying since 12 weeks just little bits and in size 0-3 month, we have decided to buy a few bits in newborn but not really spend any money on it as they grow out of it very quickly; asda here we come!

hiya, I'd agree with bethanyann to be honest. I just bought some basic stuff like vests and babygrows etc. I generally bought 0-3 as the newborn stuff seemed too small and only went up to around 9 pounds. If I do have a small baby then I can always get the smaller stuff quickly.
I saved the bigger stuff til I was around 22 weeks and then generally only got them coz I found some offers I couldn't refuse... Just enjoy the moment hun, you'll soon start getting carried away but it is a great feeling xxx

so far iv bought bottles nappies wipes and a fwe vesty things iv also been carbooting and got towels and blankets the rest of the more pricey bits il buy at about 30wks waiting till 20wk scan befor buying cloths

haha thank god you bought nappies aswell, i have bought 130 allready, OH said its way to early so i been thinking i keep it to meself that i bought it haha same with wipes and dummies haha
its never too early! :D

I've only brought scratch mitts, bottles, night light and some bath stuff! I've got all the big things still from DD so will wait to see what I'm having just in case I need to change it to blue stuff. I'll also start buying clothes after 20
weeks!

i've got nappies, a johnsons essentials box, some vests, little xmas outfits, pram was bought by mum and dad so got a few bits trying to hold out now til we have 20 weeks scan so we can buy pink or blue

ive still got so much stuff from thomas, stuff he neva used, even though he was 3 mths he still only fitted early baby. i dont know whether to use it again or would that be wrong.

i've got nappies, a johnsons essentials box, some vests, little xmas outfits, pram was bought by mum and dad so got a few bits trying to hold out now til we have 20 weeks scan so we can buy pink or blue

Blimey you really are organised - well done X

ive still got so much stuff from thomas, stuff he neva used, even though he was 3 mths he still only fitted early baby. i dont know whether to use it again or would that be wrong.

Whatever you feel is right Hun, maybee it would be nice for your baby to wear some of Thomas's things , to connect them a little x But I guess this might be hard for you, see how you feel nearer the time about it X

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back