• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

shoes

paulaws

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I just need to rant about clarks shoes!!!!
Today we went to buy our little boy new school shoes, we had his feet measured at aour local clarks shop and asked if they had the sames hoes he has already got because since he has Guillanne Barre syndrome this year he really suffers from aching legs and feet and these shoesare really light. The assistant went to look, came back and said we don't have any in stock so we asked if other stores would have them and she said yes. So off we went to the Trafford Centre to face the thousands of people in Clarks who eventually came to serve us and told us that the shoes were discontinued so we wouldn't be able to get them.
We then tried to choose some others but everyone only went upto a 12 and a half and Keiran is a 13 and a half so we were going to have to have those awful chunky shoes that weigh a ton. Does it not occur to these shoe manufacturers that children have to wear them for up to 8 hours a day!!!!
Anyway, we eventually found a pair that would fit him but once he reaches size 2 thats it-clarks shoes will be no more!!!!
I know there are lots of other shoe shops but Clarks are supposed to be one of the leading childrens manufacturers.

Sorry to rant for so long-hope I haven't offended anyone who works for Clarks-I think my hormones must be working overtime !!!

Enjoy your wekend
Paula.xx

I totally agree! The don't seem to cater for the wider range do they. I have always had trouble with shoes for my little girl, she has large, wide feet for her age and all the shoes are so narrow. In Clarks they only usually have one style in her size. All the other shops are mainly selling big heavy shoes and shoes with big heels on. well i'm sorry if i don't want to send my 6 year old out in heels! I know she'd brake her neck. So frustrating isn't it.

I have problems with my kids and shoes too...clarkes are so impersonal and you feel like you're on a conveyor belt.

my twins were born with toes missing so trying to find 'normal' shoes for the is hard but I insist for them.

I don'tknow if you have ever tried and there aren't so many of them around but one of my favourite shoe shops is startrite... they are fantastic, proper fitting, quality shoes and do the widths alike clarkes....I think the service isa little more personal too.

Before we moved to Oxford our local store in the Midlands used to keep a record card so they knew what we had last time, what we might need this time and would specialy order in shoes for us

Good luck!

kellie80 said:
I totally agree! The don't seem to cater for the wider range do they. I have always had trouble with shoes for my little girl, she has large, wide feet for her age and all the shoes are so narrow. In Clarks they only usually have one style in her size. All the other shops are mainly selling big heavy shoes and shoes with big heels on. well i'm sorry if i don't want to send my 6 year old out in heels! I know she'd brake her neck. So frustrating isn't it.

I agree 100% Kellie, Emily has quite large feet for her age,she is about a 2 now and i rufuse to send her to school in bloody wedge heels!!!!
I was gonna try Clarks again this time but maybe i'll give it a miss, i just feel dead guilty if i don't buy here 'proper shoes'
But saying that, last september Clarks were crap and weren't gonna have a delivery for a while so i went to Matalan to get her some 'cheapies' to back to school in and they lasted her ages and was a brill fit so i might go back again

i bought my eldest son some shoes from Matalan, that dont scuf and they were brilliant.

maybe you should email Clarks and complain and see where that gets you. worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back