shes not a fatty is she?!

trixipaws

Reaction score
melissa was 7 lb 7-and-a-half oz at birth just below the 50th centile, now shes 7 weeks 5 days old and weighed 11 lb 9 oz today, shes just above the 75th now. shes breast fed too i thought they put less weight on? apparently i cant overfeed her on breast milk, but should she be gaining this much? she doesnt LOOK fat, theres no rolls on her arms or legs and no wobbles!

I think its a bit bad to call anyone a 'fatty' let alone a baby, your little girl is exactly what weight she needs to be trixipaws, and I'd say never mind the charts unless her weight is seriously above or below the average, ie, seriously high or low, not just here or there. My best friends little girl is 8wks and weighs 12lb 10oz and she's not 'fat', she's gorgeous :hug:

The baby clinic lady told me how Isaac is doing fine but we want to see him staying in a certain 'weight area' now as he grows :shock: I just thought bleep to her, I'm going to feed Isaac what he wants, when he wants it, unless there's a medical reason that is dangerous to him, he dictates his weight, not a baby clinic nurse or otherwise :roll:

I agree, I think these centile thingies and all that are crap. They give some indication but are not worth stressing over, I havent even had Kate weighed much at all since she was a few months old. She is happy and healthy and thats all that matters. I hate the patronising HV too(while I am ranting a bit!).

Nathan was 13lb 13oz at that age and he wasn't fat at all, hes just a big lad. Their weight usually starts slowing down around 4 months anyway so I really wouldn't worry.

Harry was 11.4 at 4 weeks :shock: born at 8.7 god knows what he is now.

They'd soon be on your back if they thought there was something wrong with Millie's weight. She sounds absoloutely fine these centile things are only a rough guide.

I for one absoloutely love chubby babies! So gorgeous and healthy looking . Nothing nicer :D

Hi

she is fine to me hun :) Kadyn is 11 pounds 4 ounces a week ago and that was at 5 weeks
Katrina

Would you love her any less if she was a fatty?

I think she's a little young to be worrying about her weight Trixipaws! :?

Don't worry about it hun honestly......Libby was 11lb 12.5oz at 8 weeks, so about the same-ish as Millie.......she sounds spot on....don't worry about the charts and the centiles.....just ask yourself....is she happy? is she content? If you answer yes then she is spot on!!

(And I know she is as she is a beautiful little treasure....so there.....listen to Aunty Em :hug: )

Rubes has chunky arms and legs, but everyone says she is tiny :shock: I havent had her weighed for a while, but she is happy and healthy and weaning she has taken to like a duck to water so I am not worried.

My niece was prem, and is now a 9 month old chunky monkey, totally gorgeous and has adorable rolls! A family member said to my sis the other day "Gosh isnt she fat, you should put her on a diet!" For f**ks sake, I have never heard anything so stupid in my life. She is a baby! One mindless comment has upset my sister and made her worry now about Livs weight. :x

My niece was prem, and is now a 9 month old chunky monkey

I call Dylan a chunky monkey LOL

Dylan was on the 25th and just hit the 75th centile and he is chunky but also very long. I would soone rhave a hungry baby than one who struggles to eat that would worry me more

Rubys mummy said:
A family member said to my sis the other day "Gosh isnt she fat, you should put her on a diet!" For f**ks sake, I have never heard anything so stupid in my life. She is a baby! One mindless comment has upset my sister and made her worry now about Livs weight. :x

That's just awful :( I do hope your sister realises that was a pointless and nasty comment, and nothing she should continue to worry about, some people!! :x sending BIG hugs :hug:

& I agree cloud :dance:

Hi
I was worried Seb was putting on too much weight. But now I have stopped. He is a big boy at 6 weeks he weighed 13lb 13oz. He has been putting on about a 1lb a week. (Melissa is putting on about half that isnt she?). He looks bloody gorgeous :hug: . Everyone comments on how big he is for his age, but also how long aswell. No one should call a baby FAT, or be told to not feed them as much (which I was). I have always thought a chunky baby looks a cutie. I wouldnt worry too much she will be fine :hug: :hug:

at that age Jack was 16lb and now he has slimed right down and looks like all the other babies. i wouldnt worry they all slow down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back