• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

She should be ashamed of herself!

I know, she won mom of the year I think a few years ago, what a joke. She's the worst candidate I can think off. I smoked before I was pregnant and was also a twenty a dayer. I gave up in June and was still on patches in August when I found out I was pregnant. Needless to say, the thought of my baby was enough for me to stop the patches too.

I miss wine too but I would do anything to keep my baby safe (including not drinking it!).

I guess the patches are just as bad for the baby right?

God I do too but it's only for 9 months (I'm not breastfeeding) and then I'll make up for it. Mind you, when you have to get up in the middle of the night, it may have to be in moderation!!

Sammystar said:
I guess the patches are just as bad for the baby right?
I shouldn't think they would be because you're not inhaling all the poisons.

The patches are generally preferable to cigarettes when pregnant, but they always say talk to your GP first.

I dont like her anyway, shes always making a prat of herself. And i hope they stop showing the iceland adverts too :x they wind me up no end!

timsmom said:
God I do too but it's only for 9 months (I'm not breastfeeding) and then I'll make up for it. Mind you, when you have to get up in the middle of the night, it may have to be in moderation!!

I'm breast feeding... :( I want to dye my hair too... and eat sushi again... the odd ciggy over xmas would have been nice too... But oh well... can't really do that kinda stuff when your lodging with a non smoking t totaller... :rotfl: :rotfl:

Squig I think you can use vegetable hair dyes, they do them in holland and barrett.

I have no sympathy for her at all because in all honestly she seems like a bit of a moron, but even though she is still smoking and drinking, cutting down is at least a step in the right direction.

The 27-year-old added: "I honestly don't think a couple of puffs are going to do that much damage."

when a pregnant woman smokes, the nicotine and other compounds found in tobacco pose both an immediate and an extended threat to the health of her developing child. These dangers include:

Increased risk of miscarriage
Increased risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
Premature birth
Low birth weight
Behavioral problems (i.e., hyperactivity)
Reduced verbal and mathematical ability

silly moo :x

laura & ellouise said:
The 27-year-old added: "I honestly don't think a couple of puffs are going to do that much damage."

So she understands it may do SOME damage :shakehead:
Someone needs to educate that woman, prefreably before thousands of impressionable young women read her interview.

i knew this thread was about her before i even started reading!!

i like the bit in this article that

"I had a nicotine patch but it left a mark. I think I've done really well cutting down from 20 to one a day. I think the only times I really smoke is when I've had a drink." thats ok then considering you just admited to drinking too! "I did have a drink - I had two."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20071 ... bb3_2.html

i'm dying for a wine, and a cig would be lovely but NO way would i!!

i was smoking (10 a day) and drinking until i found out i was pregnant.. then i stopped on that day and havent done any since... anyone can do it for their Little One.... no excuses i say...

Quiting smoking and drinking is pretty easy when pregnant (I quit smoking & drinking when I started TTC, have only smoked one ciggy while pregnant this time, and that was in the first two weeks, because I thought that all my crying at work was stress related not pregnancy :rotfl: I promptly threw up after though)... now not using my vibrating rabbit...now THATS hard.... :rotfl: Why can't women use anything vibrating during pregnancy ?? :think:

I best start by saying in no way do I think what she is doing is acceptable. I smoked before I was pg with daughter gave up when preg began again :oops: :shock: and stopped when pg wiht son and have not smoked since :cheer: :cheer:

However, it is hard and I think it is easy to fall into the 'one wont hurt you' mentality if you are suseptible to do so. Other celebs have also been found smoking when preg including Kate Garroway from GMTV so not just limited to Kerry. Doesn't make it right though.

Squiglet said:
now not using my vibrating rabbit...now THATS hard.... :rotfl: Why can't women use anything vibrating during pregnancy ?? :think:

i wondered that!

midna said:
Gah what a stupid bint.. :x

Lol... love that word!
She is a stupid cow though isnt she, i think she could be mentally ******ed, as if yo carry on doing that when she has already had scares and stuff, i stopped smoking before i fell pregnant as i knew we were trying and i stopped drinking before too, i never dyed my hair or did anything knowingly that would harm our baby, ohhh i love the .."non smoking, t total lodger".lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back