Shall I finish earlier??

Lucy Helen

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've seen a few posts about when people are finishing work but i'm not sure what to do! :wall2:

My plan is to have a weeks annual leave so finish work at 39 weeks and then my mat leave will start on my due date, ive always enjoyed coming to work and love being busy and out the house and seeing as i spend all my working day just sat at my desk i thought i would be fine, plus i want to spend as much time with LO as possible as i can only have 6 months off for money reasons! :( but these last few weeks i have found it sooooo hard to come to work even the easiest task i find difficult i cant bear talking to people and just dont want to be here :( i have to anwser the phone and try to be nice to people but am finding so difficult i'm always in pain with my back and hips and not getting much sleep so i'm really ratty and have a mini break down everyday!!! :wall2:

I'm thinking of now having an extra week off so finishing at 38 weeks just to give myself a little extra break before LO arrrives and to get the house sorted but every time i think about doing it i feel quility because that week could have been spent with my little boy not just sitting around doing nothing! what do you all think is best? would you try and just hold out for another week? xx

Finish early! Take some time to yourself! I'm finishing next week and I can't wait to do nothing! Just for that little bit of time before LO comes :)

I would go for that extra week. Gives u time to unwind and relax before ur world is turned upside down! Gove urself a bit of time for urself xx

I'm planning on starting my maternity leave on my due date but I have some holiday to take. I need to decide whether to finish 1 and a half weeks before by due date and save some holdiay to add to the end of my maternity leave or take my holiday before my maternity leave starts (will mean I get 2 and a half weeks before baby arrives).

I'm in same dilema as you.. really want to maximise my time afterwards with LO but friends who've had children before keep telling me I should take it before so that I can fully relax and enjoy the time to myself!

Its a tricky one and can't make up my mind!:wall2:

Deffo finish early, I am like u and really thought finishing at 37&5 days would be loads of time off before baby due. I have had no major health issues but have really struggled with energy and brain power this week and also felt since Monday 37 weeks baby could come anytime which has freaked me out a bit. I am now deffo stopping at 37 weeks or before for baby 2 as this has been harder than I thought! It's not easy deciding as I too need to go back and wanted more time with baby but being 8.5 months preggo and ready to pop isn't easy on the body and brain!! Well not mine anyhow xxx

I think definately earlier!
It will help you prepare and get everything ready for LO's arrival.
I think it gets harder as you get further along the pregnancy too as like Forestlas said you know you can have your baby at any time. x

thanks everyone for your replies it is so hard to know to for the best!

Your right Forestlas it defo isnt easy on the brain! i've never found it so hard to work!

Tongerlo- let me know what you decide, when do you have to tell your work?

What input has everyone's OH's had on the decision? mine says it's my choice but i no he doesnt like the fact that i want to finish early because he's always worrying about money! xx

My OH, hasn't really said anything, just says its my choice. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back