going to have to finish work :-(

Danielle77

Reaction score
I'm supposed to be finishing work a week tomorrow (which would make me 38+1). BUT I've had ten mins sleep all night due to a blocked ear and my OH says I'm silly to go on and wants today to be my last day (37 weeks exactly). When did other people finish work? I feel gutted that I'll have one week less with my baby :-( xx

I finished at 33 weeks and was so glad I did, I just couldn't do it any more. I think it's sensible hun, you don't want to wear yourself out and end up in hospital with exhaustion or something xxxxxxxxx

I finished on Friday and was 37 weeks on Saturday.

I could have done with finishing a bit sooner tbh but I muddled through. No way could I have done another week.

It's only a week sweetie. If you are feeling really bad then perhaps it's for the best?

I planned to finish at 38 weeks but had to stop at 31 as I was in too much pain :(

That makes me feel better - thanks everybody. Looks like I'm going to be addicted to this forum from now on then!!! Fully cooked - let the mountain climbing begin!!! Lol x

I finished on the Friday and was 37 weeks the following Tuesday. I didnt realise how knackered i was until I stopped working!

Xx

I finished really early, at 29 wks altho the first 3 wks were holiday entitlement so my mat actually started at 32 wks

Sounds like its the best thing for you to stop now and rest as much as you can xx

i finished at 35 as i had 2 weeks annual leave to take! plus i couldnt take anymore anyway!!! i think 38 is very late so just stop now and enjoy :)

xxx

Tomorrow is my last day but I'm a bit annoyed cos there's nothing stopping me from working and I'd prefer like you to hav the extra time off when baby comes. X

I'm finishing at 37+2 starting with 2 weeks annual leave and mat leave startin the week baby is due x

I finished at 37 weeks as I had two weeks holiday to use

Similar to JoJo. I finished at 29 weeks begining of the year but had 2 weeks holiday owed to me, so really Mat started at 31 weeks, i must say if i could have finished later i would have, but i work onboard the ferries and they don't allow fat pregnant lady to sail past 29 weeks! :( ... I've been bored out of my mind and am a bit dissapointed that my Mat cover will end in October. :(...

GET SOME REST WOMAN!!!... You can't carry on with 10 minz sleep... Jesus x

See I'm very lucky that I can be off for the whole year. Will probably go back sooner but only if I can be off over Christmas

Sounds like you've done really well to me hun and your OH probably has a point. There's no point dragging yourself in and making yourself run down, it could cause problems for you and baby.

I'm finishing this Friday by then i'll be 35+3. Originally i wanted to work til the end of March but i changed my mind because i was getting so tired and have loads to do at home. Like you i wanted to have more time off afterwards but i'm sure you could add some holiday leave onto your maternity leave couldnt you? Thats my plan :) x

Well - I did it!!! I'm officially on maternity leave!!! I'm planning on having the year off. I'm a teacher, so my hols are included in that. So glad I took the plunge, I'm goosed!! X

Snap!! I'm a teacher too and am finishing this Friday when I'll be 37 weeks exactly. I couldn't have done another week, and am glad this week that my head is giving me a non- teaching week to write all my kids reports and tie up any loose ends with my mat leave cover. It is a bummer that we can't move our holidays around like annual leave!! I'm going back in December though :( Enjoy your time off - I'm going to be a little bit sad to leave my lovely year 6's!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back