Settling a new born and breastfeeding and basically pretty much everything else

U r doing great and admitting u need help is a fab 1st step. Def get yourself booked in with your GP and get yourself back on the right path so can enjoy your LO and your OH. U will get through this and it'll be great. Good luck xxx

Midwife came today and she's having the emotional support people going to contact me so im going to start that first and then go for the medication later on down the line if that doesn't work. A few people have said day 3 baby blues and that's what it is for me I think.

Todays been a much better day anyway! :) I'm on my own with her atm and I'm coping and she's asleep. On my own from about half 8 tonight as well but my mums only 10 minutes away if I'm really struggling :) xxx

Glad your getting some good support, baby blues can be hard, I cried loads for about 3 weeks, mainly because I was so overwhelmed with love and didn't quite know how to handle it! Lots of skin to skin is great for you both, I sat cuddling Kynon (still do) for hours sometimes, it's good for both of you, forget all that self soothing stuff for a while a newborn can't self sooth and needs to be close to you or OH.

Don't beat yourself up about feeding do what's right for you, happy mummy does mean happy baby x

Much happier today! Midwife came this morning and weighed her and she hasnt lost very much birth weight so in her words I must have been giving her what she needed when we were in the hospital.

I'm just going to stick to formula from now on I think. I still feel a bit funny about it but mentally I dont think I'm strong enough to get through it all, especially as OH is working nights still. It worries me feeding her formula because I still trust breastfeeding a lot more and im definitely jealous of those who have managed it but shes happy and really that's all that matters for me now.

Best news of today is though that we have had a break through :D!! She now sleeps in her Moses basket and crib happily!! Sat here typing away and although she had a bit of a cry and took a while to go down at first she's just gone down straight away with no tears so I think she's realised it's not all bad. I've put her in a grow bag as well because she can't stand being swaddled and seems to enjoy being able to kick and wave her legs around.

Feeling so much happier about being a mummy tonight :)!! Looking forward to everything else we have to come, especially being able to go out just me and her in the car and go for walks in the pram and stuff :)!

Thank you again for all your support! I can't thank you enough!

So glad your feeling much better now babe! If you still want to breast feed u can, I felt the same the first few days and this is my third!! It's totally normal! Once your milk kicks in you'll feel better about breast feeding.. I gave up with my first two as I felt bad as you have, and I felt so guilty.. I've been persistent this time and it's paid off!! We have had thrush twice which is agonizing but pushed through it! Still bf now and I feel much more confident in it..
Keep putting baby to breast so your milk comes in, you can still give formula (I've always used sma lilyanna had some before my milk came in at 5 days) but keep trying breast if that is truly what you want to do..
So glad your happier now babe!!
The first few days are tough but take each day as it comes and don't pressure yourself.. If you stick to bottle feeding don't feel like a failure like I did! Hang in there!! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back