what am i doing wrong?!

claireyfairey

Reaction score
:wall: :wall: :wall:

For the last week or so I just can't seem to settle Isla. I do everything I think she needs; she's clean, she's fed and if she's tired she goes to sleep. Whenever she's awake she just seems to cry. She's quiet with her dummy for short periods before she starts screaming again. I check if she's hungry, I change her if she needs changing, I try burping her incase it's wind...but she just keeps on crying.

What could be wrong with her??? Is it something I'm doing or not doing? Help!

C xxx

shes starting to wake up from being born...i'd percribe cuddles x

:hug: :hug: does she do it at a specific time!! it could be colic hun!, we got some colief drops they are a tenner but well worth it they worked for us xxxxxx

I do cuddle her but she screams even then!

She seems to be more grizzly in the evenings and won't drop off to sleep at all. During the day she's okay for longer periods, and she naps more.

Maybe I'm doing the wrong thing by letting her nap. It's just the only time I get to do anything...the rest of the time she's screaming.

Maybe it's colic? I don't know. She doesn't burp very well...I have to wind her for 20 minutes sometimes before she does anything, and even then it can be a bit pathetic and not very productive. I just don't know what to do :(

jack was just the same at 3 weeks old!!! slept all day awake and grumpy at night! we tried everything, he lked being swung in OHs arms which made me think it was colic and my hv suggested those drops.
it does pass hun :hug:

Hi Clairey :wave:

Isla sounds just like Oscar. He is quite colicky and we are using infacol at the moment, it is only a couple of pounds (I think) and is a dropper of orange liquid that he quite likes to taste. I have heard others use gripe water (cheaper) or Dentinox (little bit more than infacol) too. I think it is a case of finding what works for you and Isla. Sucking is meant to help with colic too and warm baths also, I believe.

It is horrible when you can soothe your LO, it was driving me crazy in the early weeks. He has slowly got a bit better from using the infacol but he still has whingy, crying periods where not even a cuddle will do :hug:

Is she pulling her legs up when she screams is she going red? If so then it does sound like colic/wind i'd try her with some infacol it does work but may take a couple of days you can get it from the chemist. :hug: :hug: xx

:hug: Ivy's on the Infacol too it works well, have a cloth ready for the first few tastes cause they like to dribble it all back out again! Now she licks her lips LOL!
:hug:

It sounds like colic as the others have said, it is quite common for babies to get colicky around evening time! i used infacol which was pretty good! it might take a few days for it to help though because it builds up. Bless her i hope shes ok..also sometimes babies just cry even if they are fed, changed, winded etc..have you got a chair? i found my baby chair with vibration a godsend..or even just rocking, if you havent got a chair walk round the house and do the swinging motion in your arms! works wonders..as does a drive in the car :)

Thanks for the advice girlies - am going to Asda later so am going to get some Infacol and see if it helps her. My poor girlie!

C xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back