Seriously p'd off with my doctory surgery today!

Frankie_Lou

Reaction score
Had my 16 week appointment booked in for today at half 1. Should really have been lst week as im now 17+2 but they couldnt fit me in because of bank holiday and shorter week etc. So I arranged to pop out of work which was really inconvenient as I work in a busy pub kitchen and half 1 is not a good time to go walkabout. It was the only appointment they could offer me though and I didnt want to wait another week as I've not seen anyone since I was 9+4 (a very looong time ago!). Im also new at this surgery as I've just transfered from my old one to be more convenient if anything should happen.

So I leave work today and get to the surgery 10 mins early and arrive to find a note on the door 'Closed due to staff training'. I knocked on the door, no answer. Rang the surgery phone, message 'Surgery is now closed, if this is an emergency please dial 999'. So I wait until exactly my appointment time incase someone comes to let me in and nothing. I mooch back down the road to work very annoyed and bump into a friend who says theres a different door to access midwife and health visitors further down the road. I go back to surgery to find this door is also locked and no one answers when i knock.

I got back to work, very pissed off and found its absolutely heaving with customers so I just got stuck in working. Its only when it calms down that I check my phone and have a message from the midwife saying 'oh I'm sorry about all the doors being locked, you should have come through the staff carpark behind the surgery and rang the back door bell'! I rang her back and asked how a new patient who has never used the surgery before is supposed to know about the back door if no one tells me. She apologised and said she could see me at 5pm.

Fine thats after work so its not a problem. When I arrive for this appointment I wait in the waiting room for 40 minutes before I get seen to have an appointment that was the biggest waste of time ever! She flicked through my notes, told me the results of my blood tests from 8 weeks ago, took my blood pressure and listened to the baby's heartbeat ( very strong, the only good part about my whole day!) and told me that was all that was needed til my 20 week scan.

What the hell was the point of all that palava? They've stressed me out today for no reason what so ever!
Grr sorry rant over

That's pretty much all they do at midwife appointments, that's exactly what they did at my last 3 appointments! Oh.. they checked my pee sample too aswell though. The earlier part would of pissed me off though!

Sounds liek my doctors surgery! Haha.. They're a bloody nightmare.. I expected a lot more from midwife appointments too, a lot of them seem to be pretty pointless! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back