Seriously? No booking in appointment?

knopk@

Reaction score
I am confused.
Phoned up my surgery today and asked when I am supposed to be contacted by a midwife turns out they will only contact me after I had my 12 week scan.

So they dont care about me until I am 12 weeks?:shock:

:eh: I thought the booking appointment happened before the scan did?

I'm not sure how it works but that seems a little odd

xxxx

That seems a bit of a long time?? Mine was at 8 weeks? I got my form for free prescriptions done in my appt so does that mean you don't get your free prescriptions until after your apt at 12 weeks? It just doesn't seem fair or right for you???

Hello,

I live in London and had my booking in appt. at 7 weeks with the Dr. She referred me to the midwife at the same surgery. That appt. was at 10 weeks, when they gave me dates for my scan....this Wednesday wooo hooo when i'll be 12.5 weeks. I think every surgery is different, but it may be worth calling them back and saying that you've heard other people have had a booking appt etc. It could be that the receptionist was new and got it wrong.

Twelve weeks does seem like an age to go without anything. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Fx

I have had 2 births at 2 different hospitals. The first one I had my booking in at the same time as my 12 week scan, the second one I had my booking in at 8 weeks (but was given a scan date before I saw her). With the third one I have my booking in on Wednesday but haven't had a scan date yet (different hospital again). All depends on your area. x

My GP did not want to see me and said just to phone and make a midwife appointment for around 8 weeks. This seems ri have caused much confusion as the surgery keeps phoning wanting to know if I've seen a GP to have it confirmed and won't take my word that he did not want to see me!

I do understand everywhere is different but they told me I wont even get a letter from a midwife until I have had my nuchal/dating scan.

When I went to GP, he just told me I would be contacted and waved me away, grrrr.

When I had another appointment with different GP (when I was really sick), he asked me about maternity exemption certificate and obviously I didnt know anything about it. So he just asked me to sign it.

I am just confused about them being inconsistent, I would like to at least have a sheet of paper saying - you will get your 12 week scan from the hospital and you wont have a midwife appointment until later on, but nobody has explained anything to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back