Seriously need 4 arms..

SaraLouise

Reaction score
Harrison has today decided that he does not want to be put down for a sleep.. on a day when I have 101 things to do around the house.

The house looks like a bomb site, and I'm ashamed to say our bathroom has not been cleaned since before he was born :blush: - 23 days ago! I really need to do some chores!

I haven't got around to getting a sling yet either :(

Anyone elses house as bad as mine since their LO arrived?

Any tips on how to grow an extra pair of arms, or failing that stick a baby to your body without a sling?.. superglue maybe?...

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I, only recently, started to get back into my proper housework routine. I can remember scrubbing the shower with Cif (while in the shower myself!) because I knew I wouldn't get another opportunity.
Just do what you can when you can.
Even now O has days where he wants constant entertainment. Now, instead of stressing about not getting anything done i just say "screw it".

I used to put j in her bouncer in the bathroom while I cleaned it. That way I can't sing and make faces at her while cleaning. Used to do the same to get showered too.

As above really...I put JJ in his bouncer / on a playmat depending which room I am cleaning...and if it's hoovering (or something I am able to do whilst standing), I put him in his baba-sling - the swaying motion always sends him to sleep :)

Don't worry too much about housework though...get OH to help you as and when - but mostly try and enjoy your baby...they grow and change so quickly! xx

I, only recently, started to get back into my proper housework routine. I can remember scrubbing the shower with Cif (while in the shower myself!) because I knew I wouldn't get another opportunity.
Even now O has days where he wants constant entertainment. Now, instead of stressing about not getting anything done i just say "screw it".

I've done this so many times! Cleaning as I go!

I know you won't listen, cos I didn't listen for a long while, but the house work doesn't matter one bit. There will come a day when your son doesn't want to be held for naps anymore and it will come sooner than you think. My son is 4.5 months and naps in his cot all the time now. I won't ever miss having a clean bathroom, but I already miss having cuddles with my son on the sofa while watching telly.

23 days old - screw housework! Get plenty of cuddles in, stay in your pjs, go for walks in the park. Chores can wait a life time but these early days fly past in a massive blur!xxx

I know you won't listen, cos I didn't listen for a long while, but the house work doesn't matter one bit. There will come a day when your son doesn't want to be held for naps anymore and it will come sooner than you think. My son is 4.5 months and naps in his cot all the time now. I won't ever miss having a clean bathroom, but I already miss having cuddles with my son on the sofa while watching telly.

So true! I miss the cuddles in front of the TV so much!x

23 days old - screw housework! Get plenty of cuddles in, stay in your pjs, go for walks in the park. Chores can wait a life time but these early days fly past in a massive blur!xxx

This!

Screw it its not important enjoy cuddles :)

Sent from my new shiny iPhone using Tapatalk

I.have 2 under 2 and i wouldnt be without a sling(and a cleaner lol)

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I sit in his room reading while he naps sometimes just so I can be close to him again! Saddo that I am!

I'm struggling to get chores done and LO is a year old! He can crawl so won't sit in a bouncer or jumperoo so I have to wait for nap times! Honestly Hun, sod the housework and chill out with your little fella x

I sit in his room reading while he naps sometimes just so I can be close to him again! Saddo that I am!

Lol me too! Sometimes I try and see if the cot is strong enough for me to climb in with her though. It's not, but I wish it wasn't!

Awh you guys, I know that my time with him whilst he's tiny is precious but it makes me feel anxious when the house is mucky! Luckily my OH has been great today & helped out lots, so its starting to look a bit better.

Definitely confirmed the fact I need to invest in a sling though!

Awh you guys, I know that my time with him whilst he's tiny is precious but it makes me feel anxious when the house is mucky! Luckily my OH has been great today & helped out lots, so its starting to look a bit better.

Definitely confirmed the fact I need to invest in a sling though!

Trust me you will get to a point where you don't care anymore that the house is a mess! The deal I make with myself every day is baby and I are dressed and fed. I make sure his bottles are cleaned and steralised, and that the kitchen is clean. Other than that it waits until the weekend or I have my mum round in the week to help out.

Babies are grown in the blink of an eye; housework just sits where it is.

OH and I are both in full time work again now, but times when we're both together, he'll play with Cay for 10 minutes while I sort the washing out, then we'll switch and he'll empty the dishwasher.

We get odd bits done each time, and gradually get round everything without really missing baby-time xx

Don't go for walks in the park in your PJ's though :rotfl:

Enjoy the cuddles, screw the housework! Hurrah!

Aaron is 10 months and I'm still on strike esp if he lets me have a cuddle!!

Don't stress about housework , just do it when you can and if that's not v often so b it :)) they are not newborns long so enjoy ;)

I live in a right rough area where pjs are the height of fashion I'll have you know!

There's days I've gone out looking like a zombie with no make up on and half a can of dry shampoo in my hair cos I haven't washed it for about a year. But I always have the smug sense of self satisfaction that at least I got dressed today!

I live in a right rough area where pjs are the height of fashion I'll have you know!

There's days I've gone out looking like a zombie with no make up on and half a can of dry shampoo in my hair cos I haven't washed it for about a year. But I always have the smug sense of self satisfaction that at least I got dressed today!

Yep - we have that here too!

Some days I have shamefully got to lunchtime and realised I haven't brushed my teeth - but at least I've put on clean pants!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back