Self Examination-TMI!!!!!!!

My midwife told me that the Cervix feels like the end of your nose :rotfl:

I wonder how many of you are feeling the end of the nose right now :rotfl: :rotfl:

Twinkletoesnw said:

I wonder how many of you are feeling the end of the nose right now :rotfl: :rotfl:

...or our cervix's :shock: whats the plural of cervix ? :think: cervi? :think:

But...does your cervix feel like your nose or does your nose feel like your cervix? :think:

Twinkletoesnw said:

yea i heard that too....and my finger automatically went to the end of my nose when i read that :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Haylii&&Mia said:
Twinkletoesnw said:

yea i heard that too....and my finger automatically went to the end of my nose when i read that :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

so did mine :oops: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Kimbo said:
Haylii&&Mia said:
Twinkletoesnw said:

so did mine :oops: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yeah right :rotfl:

evening ladies :rotfl:

i can reach mine and check it every day.its quite scary how it changes. it does feel like the tip of your nose and as it softens it feels more like your lips i would say.

easy way to reach it is one leg up on the toilet. and try and put a few fingers in.

when i remove my fingers there always covered in stringy gluey stuff sorry tmi :oops:

as soon as im 37 weeks im going to give myself a sweep and will do every day in hope it gets this baby out.

lou said:
Twinkletoesnw said:

...or our cervix's :shock: whats the plural of cervix ? :think: cervi? :think:

But...does your cervix feel like your nose or does your nose feel like your cervix? :think:

I asked this - no one answered - not even Squig

Kimbo said:
yes :oops: :oops:
not sure if its jeremy kyle or simon cowell, cos i had them both up there a while ago and not seen any of them since :shock: :shock:

Now Kimbo....we've been thru this before! I dont wanna have to fall out with you..but if I have too I will!!!

Simon is mine and you know that... he was just telling me this morning that he wants you to stop stalking him!!! :shakehead:

I used to check my cervix regularly when ttc. Too scared to touch it now though, I'd be scared of something falling out! :shock:
It's true what the others have said, when it's firm it feels like your nose, when soft like your lips. Not sure what it would feel like in pregnancy :think:

The plural of cervix is cervices, just like the plural of appendix is appendices :D

kalia said:
The plural of cervix is cervices, just like the plural of appendix is appendices :D

:wink: clever clogs :clap:

I can't reach mine yet...

it moves down as labour approaches....

It is RIGHT there when your ready to pop and it is favourable to do sweeps, i would leave it alone if you can't find it as its not ready to be poked.....

When mine is ready it easily reachable, one leg up on the toilet is best and two fingers up there reaching slightly towards your pubic bone..

It feels like your lips puckered up for a kiss......... :rotfl:

I'm really intrigued to have a go but I'm not quite sure I can bring myself to poke around up there :oops: :puke:

keep up your self examinations and baby will arrive!! I had lots of self examinations 48hours before labour ( was not sure what i was looking for but kept getting clear stuff coming out after) and i had sex an hour before labour kicked off

just poke away :D

annem said:
keep up your self examinations and baby will arrive!! I had lots of self examinations 48hours before labour ( was not sure what i was looking for but kept getting clear stuff coming out after) and i had sex an hour before labour kicked off

just poke away :D

:think: In that case, it may be worth a go...might try some sexy action first though as it appeals a little bit more :? :rotfl:

ooh im not the only one then :rotfl: I could feel it when i was ttc to see if it was open or not now i can even reach it? maybe the bump gets in the way :?
I was wondering how the midwife reaches it when doing a sweep :shock: :lol: I guess it gets lower.

I hope this isnt insensitive posting in this thread but it is kinda relevant and most of you probably wont see my mc thread but I can feel my cervix and even get my finger in which surely isnt right. Would it not have closed now. MC aside, none of my births were vaginal so why would the cervix be open nearly a month after mc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back