• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

self employed

GBLiz

Reaction score
hi

i'm employed by a company but technically self employed. I'm in fitness promotions so i will have to stop work really as soon as i start showing as appearance is important to the job. Is there anything i'd be entitled to as im technically self employed???

If you don't have a small earning exemption certificate and as long as you are up to date with your national insurance class 2 (the quater bill that you get) you are entitled to £112 a week for 39 weeks, as it is assumed that is what you earnt and you don't need to provide proof of earnings, you just get the full amount.

If you do have a small earning exemption certificate.............I don't know much about this, but Happy Chick does!
In fact, here you go::

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... f+employed

hmmm...and what if you're NOT up to date with national insurance :oops:

is there any statuatory non-means tested benefit? Because my partner will still be working

Not sure, I wasn't as my OH earns too much
Can't you pay your NI before you claim??
112 x 39 = £4368
is a lot of money to miss out on!

why do you have to give up work? As a fellow pregnant woman I would be more likely to be thinking about how to keep trim DURING pregnancy and seeing someone look fit and healthy AND PREGNANT would be much more inspiring than some big muscly bloke (though I don't mind that either!)

You might find your niche market.....

if i worked at one gym, yes.

But I work on 6 week promotions for gyms around the country, and while it might well set a good example, its not what the club owner will be expecting when he recruits a promotions girl to his club. also i work 12 hour days no break, and live out of a suitcase so it wont be practical at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back