Seizures, SLE? and Pregnancy

Phoenix0306

Reaction score
Hi

Found out last week am pregnant and suffer from seizures, these are not controlled by medication so that is not an issue.

However I also suffer from a form of lupus, which they are constantly monitoring to check doesn't turn into SLE. Was on anti-malarial tablets and also anti-histamines, have a very low tolerance to the sun!!!

Just wondered if there was anybody else out there in the same or similar situation

I have a history of epilepsy, no experience of SLE though x

I don't have a history of seizures I do however have SLE, lupus affects everyone differently and I must say generally on a day to day basis outside of pregnancy I am extremely lucky with my symptoms, I get joint pain I'm my hands and feet and have some limited kidney involvement, i am sensitive to the sun and get the classic lupie butterfly rash across my face but I don't think I suffer with fatigue particularly badly and my bad days are luckily far and few between. I do have blood clotting issues and need to be on clexane and get a lot of extra monitoring during pregnancy... I feel that as we all now know what they are dealing with (they didn't in my last pregnancy) I have all the info and care I need... Good luck xxx

Hi there!

I have SLE and had my LO in January this year,

I survived 9 months without meds just the occassional paracetamol for joint pain and a few 'duvet' days!

I was classed as 'high risk' due to the SLE and high BMI and my age (41) and had consultant led care. They did offer me a C Section because my hips and back are quite bad and I did take this option.

Back on Azathiroprine now though.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for replying.

Generally just feel rough at the moment, with my joints and general tiredness (think a few "duvet" days are in my future.

Hopefully the midwife will be helpful, although my OT has referred me to a pregnancy epilepsy nurse, for further information as well.

Hope everyone is doing o.k. today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back