seeing the doc

LeanneJasmine

Reaction score
iv been trying to conceive for not far off a year now i expected it to happen but it hasnt when you initialy see the doctor what do they actually do for people in my position will they give me any medication i have a regular cycle 28-31n days. im 26 x

hi LeanneJasmine

i went to see my GP for the first time last month and was really nervous as wondered if i'd be told to wait longer before they would investigate.

Dr was really sympathetic and talked about what we had tried already ie opks, bd pattern etc.

she said that she always checks 21 day bloods first to check for ovulation - anyway went back for results and i was pregnant! Think doing something about it, instead of worrying actually reduced my stress of ttc.

good luck hun - go and talk to GP and get the ball rolling

clara x

:dust::dust::dust:

Hi :) Yeah, it'll be 21 day bloods to start with to check you're ovulating - try to book the blood test around 7 days after ovulation. You could also ask to get your OH's sperm checked out... What else are you doing to ttc?? x

Hi im the same as the guys above ive been tring since may and just had my 21day bloods taken yesterday, my periods are very irregular tho so at least if you have regular periods that should help pinpoint ov roughly. I certainly feel better and a little less stressed now ive been and spoke to docs about it. Fx for you hun.

Michelle. x

Go to the Doctor, they will help you :)
I just went and he has arranged blood tests for me xx

It'll be bloods to start with hun and maybe a scan.
Michelle - how did u know when to get day21 (7dpo) bloods done with irregular cycles? In similar boat and don't know how they will know when to do bloods when I have no clue where in cycle I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back