seeing the doc

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by LeanneJasmine, Dec 30, 2011.

1. LeanneJasmine

LeanneJasmine Active Member

iv been trying to conceive for not far off a year now i expected it to happen but it hasnt when you initialy see the doctor what do they actually do for people in my position will they give me any medication i have a regular cycle 28-31n days. im 26 x

2. pinkclara

pinkclara Well-Known Member

hi LeanneJasmine

i went to see my GP for the first time last month and was really nervous as wondered if i'd be told to wait longer before they would investigate.

Dr was really sympathetic and talked about what we had tried already ie opks, bd pattern etc.

she said that she always checks 21 day bloods first to check for ovulation - anyway went back for results and i was pregnant! Think doing something about it, instead of worrying actually reduced my stress of ttc.

good luck hun - go and talk to GP and get the ball rolling

clara x

:dust::dust::dust:

3. ceebee

ceebee Well-Known Member

Hi :) Yeah, it'll be 21 day bloods to start with to check you're ovulating - try to book the blood test around 7 days after ovulation. You could also ask to get your OH's sperm checked out... What else are you doing to ttc?? x

4. hayes

hayes Well-Known Member

Hi im the same as the guys above ive been tring since may and just had my 21day bloods taken yesterday, my periods are very irregular tho so at least if you have regular periods that should help pinpoint ov roughly. I certainly feel better and a little less stressed now ive been and spoke to docs about it. Fx for you hun.

Michelle. x

5. hana_022001

hana_022001 Well-Known Member

Go to the Doctor, they will help you :)
    I just went and he has arranged blood tests for me xx

6. toscacat

toscacat Well-Known Member

It'll be bloods to start with hun and maybe a scan.
    Michelle - how did u know when to get day21 (7dpo) bloods done with irregular cycles? In similar boat and don't know how they will know when to do bloods when I have no clue where in cycle I am.