• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Seeing a MW before even ttc?

Me, My Girls & I

Reaction score
Is it possible?! Bit of a back story for those who don't know, my 2nd was born at the speed of lightning on my mums toilet with her delivering her and my dad on the phone to the ambulance! When I'd had her the mws vaguely mentioned the procedure for if I had another, but at the time I didn't want to hear it as I was newly single and the whole experience rather scared me!

Anyway, fast forward 2 years and I'm now thinking about #3! I'm really apprehensive tho about what happens if it all happens so quick again! I was told basically that they'd train up members of my family and plan for a homebirth, but what if that doesn't happen?! I don't want to be on house arrest really, but what if I'm out or alone with the kids?! We're wtt til they're both in school so theyll be older but still!

Is it possible to see a midwife before even trying
To see what the procedure will be etc?! I tore badly too so I'm wanting to know more info on all that too' they told me when preg with #2 that there wasn't anything to say I'd
Tear again, but I reckon it was cos they were so close together and also how fast it happened!

Absolutely! My community midwife advised me to see her before we TTC again after Ethan to discuss this and get us both baby ready so to speak. She actually said she didn't know why more people didn't come and see them before TTC to discuss family planning etc! I said I didn't know they even did that an they now have posters up in my surgery informing people that they can come along for a chat before TTC.

Definitely make an appointment better that than fall preg and then have to ask all these questions at a scary time. It didnt work out that way for us as I fell preg after taking the MAP so completely unexpected but even then all my concerns have just about been dealt with :)

I think my mws would have a heart attack seeing me again :lol: i just always assumed they were there for when you were preg! Defo going to see them at some point! I can't imagine how scary it was for you falling preg again after Ethan cos I know how dauntin the thought is for me and I've been thru nothing in comparison!

If seeing a midwife doesn't work try going to your gp and being referred to a consultant they can give you more info on tearing and the procedure

Id say its perfectly fine to see the midwife as Laura said but you could also see your consultant. They can discuss loads of stuff with you and what might happen next time etc. Im going to be speaking to mine about ttc and what would happen.

Could you ask your HV what they think would be the best option?

I might try the HV actually and see what they say! I've decided I'm defo not trying until the girls are in school so I've got a bit of time to think itthru! Am thinking as well, i could have had such a fast labour cos of how close they were?! So maybe waiting will make my body "forget" a little??

Lol, do you think your body is really going to 'forget' that??

Lmao true!! But it was so fresh in it's mind (god that sounds so stupid!) that it just kind of got on with it! Maybe with a bit of time the memory will become a bit more vague!

Are you hoping your body will forget or you :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back