Can we start TTC

Ndobins

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I called the hospital today as i am still bleeding 4 weeks from Missed MC and Medical Procedure, she worked out my dates and confirmed that this week is likely to be my period. There was a definate change in the colour on Tuesday, from brown to normal period, and feeling very emotional again. So i think she is right. As most know they advise to wait for first AF b4 trying again. So as i can pin point the day it changed, does anyone have any views on whether we can start trying this month once finshed?

Feel a bit overwhelmed this week, but would be nice to know i am finally having some closure. Its tough isn't it...:cry:

Thanks for your thoughts eveyone :)

Nicki xx

I think most definitely you can try from now hun :)

What I would say is that if the bleeding lasts for more than a period and doesn't ease this time then go back to your doctor xx

:) Hello. Thanks for ur reply. Oh good! i'm excited now.... if it hasn't stopped by the end of next week i'll call the nurse again at the hospital :thanks: xx

When the hospital told me to wait they advised to until my next normal AF and cycle then try my next one however after reoccurring chemicals (and an ectopic) they did say that was more for sanity purposes. IMO starting TTC again after any loss is as soon as you feel you are ready.

It is tough :( *hugs* we just went on trying with no break. If I wasn't bleeding/AF then there was no reason to not iykwim?

Best of luck

:dust:

xxx

I think ot is standard advice to wait for at least one normal AF before TTCing again, as Wobbles said to help with sanity and also dating I think...

I started TTCing immediately after my MMC telling myself and everyone that would listen that I was only trying to fogure out what and where my body was at... I am not sure what is easiest, whether to wait a while or not, but I have found points (frequently as the girls here will tell you) in this pregnancy extremely hard. Fortunately I (eventually) have a good midwife or 2 that do well in putting up with me and have never felt silly for venting my emotions on here either....

Good luck, lots of :dust: and use us when you need :flower:

Thanks for that...

I'm also having difficulty deciding whether to use OPK's this month. This all really new to me as only started learning about pregnancy once decided to try. So now had mmc i am learing all the time...

I called the hospital again this week as still bleeding, they have confirmed that it is my first AF as i said before but i wanted some reasurance again. The nurse said to try after this, but my OH had a valid point. He asked " what if you carry on bleeding for a longer amount of time than normal" does this then mean i ovulate while i'm still having AF?? and will i miss it?

Oh its so confussing :wall2:

My friend at work has just had her baby and another friend has just had a 12 week scan, i just feel like it is never going to be my turn. Although i'm so pleased for them :) and what is so great is that she has had 3 MC and now 12 weeks. Bless her

Thanks for listening xx

Have you used OPKs before? - I started using them on day 10 personally :D I found not letting the man know was best in the end (although he knew generally I'd not go in to loads of details iykwim) :lol:

I wouldn't worry about your OHs question personally and just continue now as it feels right for you with in mind that you may not conceive straight away, to be honest most women don't so don't be disappointed and it won't be connected to your MMC. Again if using OPKs I would still start from day 10 day 1 being the first day of your believed AF.

It's hard when you want your own family and have also suffered a loss whist others around you are bump happy and having their LOs but it will be you again, stay positive *hugs*

x

Ah thanks... yes used them last time and funnily enough didn't get a positive but fell pregnant! well i say that, the line was faint, the digi ones are quite expensive but at least u get a smiley face :) so u know. I've bought both types this time.

I agree with u and think we will just get back into the routine of actuallly being close again, and test next month. My cycle is normally 24 days so i started testing on day 8 last time TTC, as didn't want to miss it, sometimes i've gone 22 days only.

I fell better all ready, just knowing i'm getting back to normal again. Its funny how your tuned only into the people that fall straight away, so ur right to say not to worry if i don't so :thanks: for your positive thoughts, it has really helped me relax for trying properly next month as i have gone way past day 10 anyway. But u never know ur luck!! xx:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back