Second missed misscariage

jojo718

Reaction score
Hi all
I couldn't find a specific thread for anyone experiencing a second missed misscariage so I figured I'd just start one myself. I have just found out at 9 weeks today that my HCG levels have dropped by 13'000 in two days , I know what this means in reality and I have a scan today to confirm that I'm losing for the second time in 6 months. My first pregnancy ended as the baby didn't develop past 6+3. I can't believe this is happening again I'm wondering what is wrong and why I'm feeling so angry about the fact that some people just sail through the process and some of us don't. So tired of feeling this pain and letting everyone down because my body won't play ball. I'm hoping I'm not on my own with this ?
:help::help::help::help::help:

Sorry to hear this jojo. Have you been recommended to take 75mg asprin when ttc? A few ladies that have had multiple mc's swear by taking asprin daily. Ive jad one mmc recently and have started to take it myself. Hopefully when you have your scan they will do further investigations but i think this very much depends on your nhs trust. Where i am they wont investigate till ive had x3 mc's. I hope you are able to get some answers. Really sorry again. I hope youre ok x

Hi Melly
I've read quite a few posts from ladies saying it has helped them so it's got to be worth a try, I'm pretty sure they won't run tests till I've had 3 like you. Sorry you've had to experience a loss it's so hard to get your head around it. Fingers crossed for us both for sticky babies next time !!! Xx:)

Thanks jojo. If youre going to take asprin it needs to be the low dose 75mg. They sell it in superdrug and £1 shop. Its devasting and hard to get your head around but ive found this forum a real source of support and there are many of us on here that have gone through something similar so hopefully you will too. Hope you get your rainbow. I hope youre okay during your scan x

Last edited:
Hey jojo hope ur ok after ur scan. I know it's hard and I'm sending my love x

Hi sorry for your loss. I'm not trying the aspirin yet as it makes my head a bit funny... my first loss was years ago so I'm hoping my recent loss is just a blip and not something wrong.

They told me it's after 3 because if u have 2 you still have a very high chance of going on to have a successful pregnancy. It's hard not to worry though.

Anyway I hope 3 is a charm for both of us

You poor love.

I can only imagine the distress having 2 experiences like that would cause. Be kind to yourself. There is every chance next time you fall pregnant it will work out. I have a difficult fertility history too but I have 1x child and will have napther one in a matter of days so keep the faith! A midwife friend of mine told me by the time people have finished their family more couples than not will have experienced a loss. Big love to you xxx

Oh hun I'm so sorry you're going through this :-(

I suffered three miscarriages between having my son and daughter, the first two of which were missed miscarriages. The first one the baby stopped growing at around 6weeks, I didn't find out until I was 8+4 and miscarried at 10+1. The second loss we went for a private scan at 9 weeks only to be told that baby was measuring 8 weeks and no heartbeat. My third loss was a mystery all round, suspected ectopic but nobody was really able to explain what was going on.

We had tests after our third loss and the consultant said that it's not uncommon to suffer two losses in a row but it is to suffer three, which is why they don't test until after 3.

I asked about aspirin and she said that it will only help if there's an issue with sticky blood. There's a lot of success stories in regards to aspirin but also evidence that taking it when not needed can cause losses. When you go through a loss it's totally normal to want to find a miracle cure and that if you just take an aspirin a day it'll save you from further heartbreak but that may not be the case and I wouldn't take it without getting advice from a medical professional.

Miscarriage is horrendous and the emotional turmoil feels like it will never end. Be kind to yourself and give yourself time. There's every chance that your next pregnancy will be successful and that you will get your little bubba.

XX

Sorry for your loss. A missed miscarriage is usually diagnosed during a routine checkup, where the doctor will fail to detect a heartbeat. Most misses miscarriages are caused by chromosomal abnormalities in the fetus. Some women may notice that their pregnancy symptoms may disappear. The healthy diet is the key to prevent the missed miscarriage. Include more fruits, vegetables and whole grain in your diet.

i dont think a healthy diet has been proven to have any effect on preventing mmc. not very helpful to indicate it might be the Op's fault.

After one healthy pregnancy i had a 'straightforward' mc and also a mmc. I have since gone on to have a baby and now due another in may. They said the two were 'just bad luck'. Not very helpful but do know that many many women have more than one mc and go on to have babies with no intervention needed......

Sorry for your loss. A missed miscarriage is usually diagnosed during a routine checkup, where the doctor will fail to detect a heartbeat. Most misses miscarriages are caused by chromosomal abnormalities in the fetus. Some women may notice that their pregnancy symptoms may disappear. The healthy diet is the key to prevent the missed miscarriage. Include more fruits, vegetables and whole grain in your diet.

i dont think a healthy diet has been proven to have any effect on preventing mmc. not very helpful to indicate it might be the Op's fault.

After one healthy pregnancy i had a 'straightforward' mc and also a mmc. I have since gone on to have a baby and now due another in may. They said the two were 'just bad luck'. Not very helpful but do know that many many women have more than one mc and go on to have babies with no intervention needed......

exactly this....grain is not 'healthy' anyway if you're going to go with that argument :wall2:
poor lady, she's just lost a baby she doesn't need your nutritional advice

Im one of the healthiest people i know and i had a mc in sept! There is no evidence at all linking diet and mc. Most common cause is something that is completely outside our control....chromosonal abnormalities. Very insensitive! Phff!

So sorry to hear your going through this again. Please don’t feel like it’s your fault or that something is wrong with you, I agree with nelly it is totally out of our control which is the most frustrating thing at times I know.
I hope you have alot of friends and family around you to support you hun x

I couldn't agree with BeckyBoo6747 any more. I would advise to check out genetics issues (karyotyping), and in case of chromosomal issues, consider undergoing IVF PGS NGS

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back