Scream..scream..quiet..quiet...scream...

nickilubs

Reaction score
Impression of Ivy the last 4days. :(

Shes not hungry, shes not wet, shes being cuddled, shes sucking my finger as usual. She will be a happy smiling girl and then "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" then happy and a bit of sleep then more screaming. It doesn't matter how we hold her or distract her she just screams. I'm not sure if its teething? Would it be too soon? And its not a constant scream its just at random and she will screech then be happy again. She has also been getting real tears now too which never happened before. :think: I don't know what it is, she is dribbling and her gums feel a bit lumpy but only around the sides. Surely if its teeth she would be upset all day not just at random times?

As my OH describes it shes 30% crying and 70% happy, where as before it was 5% small crys and 95% happy. I dont mind holding her all day too soothe her but its when I'm holding her and theres nothing that I am doing that will distract her crying :(

Anyone have any ideas?
:evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D :evil: :sleep: :lol: :D

trapped wind or colic? is it when she is lying down she starts?

Ahh we had this too. One day i rang OH as i was a right state. She just wouldn't settle. It maybe a bit of teething but possibly a growth spurt.
They go through this pain in the arse and whingy stage around her age though. Gotta fight through it! It will pass! Angel's has started all over again!

It might be colic again. We were giving her infacol till a week and a half ago, but boots had ran out so we couldnt get any and we carried on just using her anti colic bottles she was fine till sunday evening (would it take a week to work its way out of her system?) and we managed to get some on monday, so it could just be that waiting to kick in again?

Might be a growth spurt, I defiantly don't think shes just being whingy though because its not that type of cry absolutely nothing at all will distract her :think: If she was being grumpy for being grumpy before she would stop if you were to hold her different then either start up again or stop for a while. Also the tears are quite odd she has never ever actually had tears before only the last couple days her eyes have looked really weepy after shes been grumbling?

I think around 8 weeks they have a bit of a growth spurt. At 7 weeks Angel was a hard work baby for a while with just whinging for no reason. OH had to take her off me as she was getting too much for me sometimes.
I'm not sure about colic as Angel never really had it. But it could be if she's started since you stopped giving her the infacol.
If she continues then probably speak to your HV. No end of times when i'm confused i go begging for help!

It does sound like wind. Cooper used to be like that totally fine then he'd be screaming and then fine again, it used to break my heart hearing him in pain. Sitting him up rubbing his back used to help a little bit. There's not much you can do really it does go around 12wks when there gut matures a bit more. :hug:

At about 7-8 weeks Connie was screaming a lot in the evening. I spent a lot of time walking up and down the road with her in the sling. We put it down to wind and the fact she was tired as she's awake all day so by late afternoon she's a big grump.

Aimee is teething at the moment and I find she isn't upset all day and night it is only sometimes through the day. The nurse at the clinic told me that if she was really teething she'd be screaming 24/7 and wouldn't even look in her mouth yet my HV took one look and told me she is 100% teething (mothers know best!!). I said about her not crying 24/7 like nurse told me and the HV said that is normal. Some babies are in pain all the time and for some it is occasionally throughout the day. So don't rule out teething just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back