Scrapbooking

Rachey

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone else was interested in it? :) I made one for a friends birthday and loved doing it!

So got a nice scrap book today and going to start one for baby :D was thinking the other day what to do with all my scan pics so they don't get wasted, and decided I would make a scrapbook and put them in it :) Something to do with my time and thought it would be a nice thing to have :)

Got a yellow and cream striped background for the first page and have put a pic of the pregnancy test and the date I did it. Also got my early scan pics and 12 week scan pic! Second page is baby blue with the gender scan pics, have put a little list of baby names that we thought about for him so that he can see when he's older, put our list of names for if he had been a girl too! Will put in dates of first kick etc :)

Can't wait until the time comes that I can start putting pics of baby himself in it :D just thought it would be a nice thing to show him when he's much older!

Just ordered a few bits and bobs for the first few pages...

31t3VzzcnWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
31GJH0Ous3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
310UEvo2uTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thought they were cute :) will post some pics of it when I get it all together a bit more!

xxx

Last edited:
Awww they are sweeeet!!!

I'm a card maker and some times scrapbook!!!

Looking forward to seeing what you create hun!

Oh are you? That's great, I would love to do card making :D I always loved arty stuff since I was little but don't do anything now really!

Last edited:
I used to just make cards but I now scrapbook too. I started when my niece was born and it gets addictive! I've got 3 on the go at the moment, my nieces one I'm going to keep going until she's 16 (although I might have to do 2 or 3 books!) her parents don't know I'm doing it so it will be a nice surprise for them all on her 16th!

I've got my wedding/honeymoon one started but haven't got round to doing much on it yet and I've already started the baby one as I wanted to make sure I do hers as I go along!

Here is a link to some of my scrapbook pages. I also have a blog but haven't had much time to update it recently! You've made me want to get all my kit out again now but I've got a dissertation to write lol!

That's a lovely idea for your niece, bet she will love it! What age is she now?

Great that you've started one for your little girl already! Had a look on the link for your scrapbook pages, I love the page with your scan pics that says 'PEEK A BOO' it's lovely :) I'm so excited to get all my little bits and bobs through and start adding them to the couple of pages I have done!

Do you know any good UK sites for the little packets of things to decorate the pages? I got mine from amazon and a couple from the pund shop lol, any online sites I found seemed to be American

x

Last edited:
That's the trouble with it being mainly an American thing. It's slowly filtering over here though, I have a local craft warehouse that sells lot's of bits and I find some good bits on ebay. I like craft superstore, craftwork cards and http://www.everycraftsapound.co.uk/

My niece is only 2 and a half so I've got a long way to go lol!

girls i would really love to start a scrapbook but i was wandering if you could tell me how to make one exactly as im quite confused lol

im ashamed to admit this really but i have a scrapbook for my son who is now 5 i have photos looked out ive bought stickers ribbons all the extras never got round to doing it. I have a box full of goodies to add stick in- When i found out i was having a boy a friend bought me another book for this boy so i now have 2 to do :( really need to get a move on. i think they are lovely things to have and keep over the years x

Oh my mum and sister made a scrap book for my LO! It's needing updated now and it's only got things in it that they could get a hold of but I'd like to add his hospital bracelets and things too. I'll get some pics up, I love it!

TeenMum, all you need in a scrapbook to start. You can pretty much do what you like after that! You get all different coloured and patterned sheets of paper that slide into it and then just stick whatever pictures down you are using and add little stickers and things to decorate it :)

If you can go and buy a Scrapbook magazine (usually around £4 from a bigger newsagent or Supermarket) they give you fantastic idea's and usually come with a free gift!!:lol:

Do you have a Range or Hobbicraft near you? OH has banned me from unaccompanied visits to these stores!!!

I love watching the craft shows on QVC and Ideal World/Create & Craft TV, hardly ever buy anything but get loads of ideas.

Ebay is great for bits and bobs too.

ive bought a few bit of ebay its great as u usually get big packs for cheap x

That's lovely - my sister has just bought me a baby book that I can fill in and put photo's in which is lovely, but a scrapbook is just as lovely and much more personal xx

Oh I love all things crafty and there's something nice about doing a scrapbook, I have done a few in the past, think once I know what baby is I will be starting one for baby :)
I have always tried to use non scrapbook things lol so I find my own papers sometimes wrapping paper etc and I like to design and make toppers too, also always like the effect of buttons sewn on to certain scrapbooks
Last couple I have done I made the covers myself too so I could have the exact size and shape I wanted, you just need thick card and some rings to join it

Not sure I have any pics to share tho sadly

Ohh I will need to pick one of them up Cazza! Didn't think of that but it will give me lots of ideas I'm sure :) there's a hobbycraft about half an hour away so going to go on Wednesday night! Can't wait :D

Teampc, I wish I was as crafty as you :) wrapping paper is a great idea instead of the usual backgrounds!

I haven't got any further than two pages yet cause I don't have many things just now to do it all with :(

Here's a couple of pics of what I've done so far, the top one isn't finished as I'm going to put borders round the scan pics :) They're not too good, really basic but hopefully I will get better in time lol!

OH says he loves me doing it cause it keeps me quiet :rofl:

SDC10492.jpg
SDC10495.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good :)

Oh keep your eyes peeled in markets etc for nice ribbons, you can then use them as Borders etc, will just be a lot cheaper than the ribbon they sell for scrap booking :) once you get started buying these things it will become an obsession lol I have an office at home for running my business, half holds all the clothes and the other half is full of beads, ribbons, papers, cards etc etc lol

Haha ohh I'm jealous! I want a spare room now lol

x

My sister wanted to make it a photo album but mum convinced her to add the paper and stamps and things. There is loads to go in it, little bits that I have that they didn't want to ask for as it would have made me suspicious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back