Sciatica :-(

ninjawomble

Reaction score
I have this really badly at best of times due to my job, and its very painful.
Obviously Im worried how bad its gonna as my pregnancy progresses.

I spoke to smelly work about it, and they say if I go off sick coz its so painful..they will take that as my maternity leave!! :shock: What if it starts in like week 20???

Can they do this? Cant I take sick leave then follow onto my mat leave as of november??

Work know that this is an ongoing problem for me, Im just scared of how bad the pains gonna be..its agony now!! :(

I dont think they can start your mat leave as early as that, Im sure its baout the 15th week before you are due they can do that if you go sick.

I do hope it doesnt get too bad for you hun :hug:

I *think* if you're signed off work in the four weeks before maternity leave is due to start they can move it forwards. I think before that and it will have to be pregnancy-related sickness.

I think it depends on the amount of time you are signed off for too.

Sounds like they are trying to prevent you from taking sick leave if you really need it :hug:

Here, found it

Taking your maternity leave
When you can start your leave

You can start your leave any time from 11 weeks before the beginning of the week when your baby's due. If you're off work because of your pregnancy in the four weeks before the expected birth date, your employer can make you start your maternity leave.

From: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Mon ... G_10039631

I think i may be suffering with this, it is sooo painful when i am laid down that i can hardly move my legs and have to pull myself with the headboard! it has started affecting me also when im stood for long periods! :(

i'm not sure hun, but i dont think that they can start your maternity leave - you will just have to go on the sick and get sick pay - that is what i was contemplating if it got really bad!

:hug:

:hug: thanks girls.

Think I may talk to Human Resources soon, rather than my boss :roll:

Leanne have a very gentle :hug: , I sympathise!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back