• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sciatica - What does it feel like

chickadee1976

Reaction score
Ive been getting pains in my ass and the backs of my legs.
Mainly when im lying flat on my back.
feels like i have been excersising really hard (not) and all my muscles are in agony. Its really sore

i get it and sometimes get stuck where i really cant move any way, i tend to get it on my right side lower back but can get it on the left side too, not sure how to describe it other that it catches and bloody hurts alot.

When I have had it its like a shooting pain down the middle of my leg, as in like where my bone is kwim? Kinda reminds a bit of that horrible pain you get when you bang your elbow but down my leg haha and an achy bum cheek too!

lea m said:
When I have had it its like a shooting pain down the middle of my leg, as in like where my bone is kwim? Kinda reminds a bit of that horrible pain you get when you bang your elbow but down my leg haha and an achy bum cheek too!
yes definately an achy bum cheek :lol:

I've had it - once on the left and once on the right. I would describe it very much as a 'nerve' pain rather than a 'muscle' pain - sure this is very unhelpful! :lol:

LOl when I was in labour with my first I had it down both sides! That hurt far more than the contractions lol! I couldnt walk haha Ive never heard of it being down both sides but Joseph just must have been squashing both sides?!!? :think:

Alicebabe said:
I've had it - once on the left and once on the right. I would describe it very much as a 'nerve' pain rather than a 'muscle' pain - sure this is very unhelpful! :lol:
Yeh like tooth ache! lol Arent pains so hard to describe!?! :think:

Ouchie I get sciatica :(

The best way to test if it is this is to

1:- Sit down, stretch the affected leg in front of you, toe pointed, then bring your foot up. If it shoots up your leg, its indeed sciatica.

Or

2:- Sit down, slump down, and touch your chin to your chest, If this also ends with a shooting pain, its sciatica!

Its crap I know, I had it before getting pg, but since bump came along Im pain free :eek: WEIRD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back