School trip by car, not coach?!

Me, My Girls & I

Reaction score
We've had a letter out saying that theyre planning a school trip, but getting s coach would be too expensive to justify it, or words to that effect, and have asked for parents to volunteer to drive a group of kids :shock: I can't get my head aroun it at all! They've also said that they have a small number of booster seats available, the kids are 3 and 4, most are on the small side too so should be in a high back type booster anyway!

Am I being really unreasonable thinking it's a shocking idea? I personally wouldn't want the responsibility of having 2 nursery age children in my car, and wouldn't want to put the same responsibility on someone else! The actual trips free, but I'd be far happier paying a small amount for a coach! It's on a day when she's not in anyway, so I wouldn't feel *too* bad not sending her, but I dunno if I'm being unreasonable about the transport?!

No, I dont think that is right at all.
I'd rather pay the money for the coach. I wouldnt want AJ going in someones car and I wouldnt want the responsibility of someone elses LO's in my car.

Glad it's not just me! It's a 2hour trip to the fire station, so yes, the cost of a coach would be a lot for the time iykwim, but I'd far rather that! I Spose the other option would be to just drive her myself, but then I'd have E!

We do this for our son's preschool. Each parent provides a car seat for their LO and parents/preschool staff drive them. I prefer it as I doubt the seats would fit in a coach all that well. It works really well. It is quite a small preschool but for the trip next month to the zoo I think there will be at least 6 cars (people carriers) going. Parents can drive their children themselves if they wish. I think they have to have parental written consent to travel in someone else's car so they are covered by the preschool's insurance. They only thing I make sure of is that there is good distance time wise between me and other cars as I hate travelling 'in convoy' - have a real superstition about it.

See they've said the parents must have their own insurance to cover transporting children? I dunno how that works tbh?! But it just doesn't sit right with me at all! I'll have a word with the other mummies this aft and see what the general consensus is!

That's not on! You ultimately do not have legal responsibility for them on the trip, even if they're in your car. In that case, I wouldn't drive other kids.

I wouldn't let her go tbh and I wouldn't be happy about driving other people's children. There are plenty of things you can do with her for a different day out if she feels she is missing out x

It's a day she's not even in nursery, so I doubt she'll realise that she's not going lol! I just didn't want to be overreacting with it all :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back