Scared

Star sunshine

Reaction score
hi everyone.....i`m new to this! well to begin with i`m 11 weeks pregnant with my second child. would like to ask a question. has anyone had dental treatment with local anesthetic at this stage? as last week i went to my dentist as i was having :) pain in a molar and when the dentist checked my teeth she found this molar to be in a very bad shape. in fact she was surprised i was`nt in agony!! anyways she had to drill the moral and fill it under local anesthetic which she assured me it`s completely fine, but i am not convinced(called me paranoid). i`m scarred i might have hurt my baby.........would appreciate any similar experience please, thanks for your precious time, chat soon xxxxx

my new dentist refuses to do anything taht needs anesthetic unless im in agony whilst pregnant but my old dentist did an awful lot even removing a wisdom tooth when i was pregnant with my eldest 3 :shock:

thanks for your reply........i may be rude to ask but was everything ok with the baby? xxx

I had an infection in my gum last weekend. I went to the emergency dentist and he offered to take it out. I said no but more because I was worried it would be even more painful so I got some antibiotics. I'm not totally sure if local is safe or not. And as far as I know midnights kids are well :)
Try not to worry too much about it now, especially because its done now

yeah they are all fine in that sence i had most work done on my youngest dd and she is as fit as a fiddle im not too sure why they dont recommend it being done but if i was in bad pain then my dentist would do treatment but only if im in pain

Hi there. I'm a dentist and just wanted to say - don't worry! There are different types of anaesthetic around but they are safe in pregnancy. The only possible risk (and it's small risk) is in your third trimester - at this time any anaesthetic with felypressin/octapressin should be avoided. Won't harm your baby but there is a theoretical risk that it can induce labour. The likelihood of this happening even if you were given this is very small as the amount of felypressin being injected is so comparatively tiny. And anyway, the other anaesthetics are fine. Don't be afraid to ask your dentist before she gives you any treatment. Most of us are actually quite friendly people!

In Tri 1 I had a filling taken out and re-done with a local anaesthetic, had no ill effects from it.

Agreeing with ilovecheese here, I'm a Dental Nurse and have been assisting with treatment on pregnant women for years and it's perfectly safe :)

I had my wisdom teeth out with a local anesthetic when I was pregnant with my daughter and she was fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back