Scared to tell work

Kathy78

Reaction score
Hi, my iron levels are low so have a bit of anemia. This has resulted in me being tired, breathless and a dizzy spells. My maternity cover is going to be based 100 miles away and I offered to go to him at least twice aweek. I have been advised not to undertake long journeys anymore so I shouldn't really be going on these journeys. Need to tell work but a bit scared. Had last 2 days off as so fatigued dont want to upset them anymore. X

Last edited:
The quicker you tell them the quicker you can focus on yourself and your baby :) and get yourself better.

They will just have to work around you :)

xxx

Ah bless you, its really hard when that happens. I too am under a lot of pressure to continue as normal at work and as alot of my day involves going to construction sites its not easy. At the end of the day your health is far more important for you and you LO than your job. Can you set up a virtual meeting with your maternity cover over conference calling/skype or some other method?

I mean what if you were driving all that way and have a dizzy spell and had an accident. it doesnt bear thinking about.

Speak to your mw and see if she can write a letter explaining the situation and that way when you do tell your boss its not because you say you cant do it, its because the medical professional says you cant.

I think you ought to tell them sooner rather than later so that they can make other arrangements. I know its much easier said then done, my boss is an arse most of the time and I dont take enough of a stand, but 100 miles driving is too much in later pregnancy and they should have already identified that in their risk assessment and should have thanked you for your kind offer but declined.

Alternatively, can they arrange transport for you? a taxi? The cost of which might focus their minds a little!!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back