My homebirth kit is here :D

monster_munch

Reaction score
Got dropped off today - have 4 canisters of gas and air plus a big bag of the usual gumph.

Very exciting, but it makes it all seem a bit real now. I'm going to have to give birth again - I had a good experience with DD so I'm not scared as such but am feeling a little worried that it won't go as well and that I made the wrong choice wanting a homebirth. I'm sure it will pass - just a bit freaked out seeing all this kit for me... :shock: can't pretend it's all happening to anyone else anymore!

Ooo and midwife said my iron levels were OK - but just OK so she asked if I wanted iron tablets and I readily agreed - I'm pooing like 5 times a day at the moment and it's annoying. If the iron tablets block things up a little for a bit it will be a relief :lol:

So - gas and air party round mine later?? :lol:

Are you going to play with the gas and air before the event? I'd be soo tempted to do that :rotfl:

they leave the gas and air for u. omg have u been tempted yet?

paradysso said:
they leave the gas and air for u. omg have u been tempted yet?

Yeah - they just give you a warning that if there is a fire in your house - get out quick :shock: :lol:
DH has been fiddling with it more than me. He is totally fascinated by it - it's freaking me out, like a big sign saying "you're going to have to go through with this giving birth business you know" :rotfl: I think up to now I had been thinking I could serrupticiously (sp) miss out the birth bit :lol:

wow they don't leave anything for me, just it on the day!!!

Plus lots of people have been saying that they need to buy stuff to have at home for when the midwife comes but I asked mine last week and all I have to have is a big plastic sheet to cover the floor and a few old blankets/sheets to go on top of that and she will bring the rest!!!

Same here - all I have to supply is a plastic sheet (glad I didn't throw out our old shower curtain :D ) and a sheet to cover it so it's not slippery.

All the rest is in the bag that is now sitting under my stairs (including needles etc for when they have to take some blood from me afterwards... :shock: )

My OH said he'd just get the old tarpulin from the shed!!! :lol: :shock:

Is your shower curtain a plastic one as the materials ones are just splashproof and actually lets the water through if saturated.

How weird knowing you've got the needles in there too :shock:

Totally agree with you about having a sudden realisation that the birth WILL happen

God knows what type the shower curtain is, but we will have a big sheet over it folded over a couple of times, plus m/w's have those paddy sheet things too so I'm not fussed - plus we are due to have our carpets cleaned so I'm not that fussed :lol: :lol:

I do have a nurse's outfit... it just about does up over bump (tried it on Sat night... did the trick ;) )

i was still in denial up to the point i could feel his head crowning :rotfl:

i so couldnt get on with gas and air tho , god i feel ive missed out !

last time i think i had one puff of gas and air and threw it back at MW i didnt like the feeling. but im determinded to use it this time :? maybe i can come have a few practice goes :rotfl:

go hard nut and do it without , i really recommend no pain relief :rotfl: NOT lmao

I couldn't bear the stuff with my daughter either - went the hard nut option :lol:

Want to try it this time though - it's been ages since I have felt drunk :D

i dont get sent anything beforehand either, hope they remember to bring it on the day!

i didnt even get told to prepare anything, but ive got a mattress-bedwetting-protector thing i nicked from a hotel lol :lol: :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back