can anyone help me please

saze

Reaction score
im 17weeks tomorrow. 4 days ago at certain times i could feel my baby move like poking me from the inside that lasted 2 days, now i havent felt hardly anything i dont think for the past 3 days. is something wrong? im worried x

I posted this in your other thread..

The do have lazy days hun, you won't feel them kicking all the time, sometimes it can be to do with where baby is lying too, you may not feel the kicks all the time. If you are really worried i would phone the midwife, they'll put your mind at ease. I didnt feel my first kick until 19 weeks, and sometimes i have days of non stop movement, then a lazy day. It's normal :smile: x

It can def be to do with how baby is lying, their movements are still quite tiny really so could be kicking you else where but you can't feel it so much. Or like Scottish was saying they do have lazier days as well, try not too worry x

okay :), how often did you feel movement at nearly 17weeks chick? i am feeling small movements now but not sure if they are baby? x

I've been feeling baby from 13 weeks so it's got stronger and more frequent since then but I know when I felt the first few movements it wasn't everyday or all the time, I def would go a few days not noticing anything. I found I could feel movements mainly at night when I was totally relaxed, the Doppler seems to get it moving sometimes. You could try drinking an ice cold drink that might work. Have you had a 16 week check up?

yeh hun after i heard the heart beat thats when i could feel it move for 2 days, i felt it earlier at about 13weeks but once i think x

I'm sure all is fine, bet it's just sleeping. Don't think mw worry about not feeling movement until quite a bit later maybe after 26 weeks or so as the movements are just so small and easy to miss, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind you contacting her if it's stressing you out as that's not good for the baby either.

okay hun, i just feel silly phoning the midwife lol. I hope everything is okay x

Don't feel silly, that's what they are there for, sure everything be ok though x

okay chick im going to give it a couple of days x

I agree with everyone else.. I too was quite worried and considered getting a reassurance scan (dont have a mw number and wouldnt wanna call hospital) as i also felt it very early and had a week and a half of feeling nothing.. but last night i definitly felt it as did OH!! so thats reassured me.. and proves you can feel early and not feel for a long time.. remember they are so tiny and not very strong yet.. so we are lucky to feel them early, but unfortunate to have to go through the worry when we cant feel them for a while.. they only usually monitor movements after 20 odd weeks..
Please dont worry.. I also bought a doppler to reassure me.. heard hb at 9 weeks then when i couldnt feel it i couldnt find hb either :( which really worried me, but must have been just hiding as it was clear as anything when i tried hearing hb last night and then we felt proper kicks :)
If you are very worried and its stressing you out please go see your mw or gp to put your mind at rest.. its what they are there for and stress isnt good for you or the baby xxx

Baby could be hiding hunny, if he/she has moved into a different position that there is a chance you might not feel any kicks/punches. Have you tried drinking or eating something really cold? That might make baby change positions x x

oh hun don't worry. You are only 17 weeks, and usually girls start to feel movement later than that anyway. I guess you just were lucky before - maybe the baby was closer to the tummy wall or smth, and now moved further. Only 3 days of no movement is not really that long anyway. Give it some time and just try not to think about it too much - I'm sure you'll feel kicks again soon! xx

thankyou everyone you have made me feel better :). half hour ago i drank a glass of pure orange juice and then laid on my back for ages. I think i felt the baby as i had feelings like little thuds? but i am not sure now as i am thinking it cold have been gas due to drinking all that orange juice lol. what does everyone els think? do you think it was baby? was little thuds in center of my uterus then 10mins later one on my left side also i felt what i new was grumbling gas occasionally x

Last edited:
Mine was like that, really moving loads and then nothing for 2 days, they are going through a tremendous growth spurt at the moment, doubling their weight and it makes them really tired and they sleep a lot so I've been told.

i felt first movements at 17 weeks, but it wasnt every day i felt it move. would only be a couple times a week, up until about 19/20 weeks, now i can feel movement a few times a day. you probably just dont feel all of the movements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back