scared of not healing properly :S

Reena

Reaction score
Hey

My c section is booked for next thursday and Im really scared that I wont heal as well as last time (have had one before, emergency section with my DS). Im having twins this time so Im bigger and I have a pouch of skin which just hangs and seems to be swollen too so I dunno how my scar will get air to heal etc. Im worried it could open up from the pressure and with 3 little ones to look after it would be the worst thing if something goes wrong. Im also overweight and always have been, so I keep thinking it'll be harder to heal, can anyone give me advice on whether they went through something similar and hopefully came through it alright? It would really help me get through next thursday and think positive for my babies! Thanks :)

Reena X

:hug: :hug: :hug:

sorry no advice hun, maybe post n the Ask A Mum Section? xxx

Hi Reena :hug:

I think it is natural to be a little apprehensive, but you will do brilliantly I am sure. I have no real advice of my own to give as I am a birthing novice - but, I do remember reading this thread about bigger mummies healing from their c-sections... http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68283

(I'm a bigger mummmy, so it was of interest to me!) It all sounds very positive. I have a friend who is was a size 26/8 when she had a c-section earlier this year. She recovered very quickly with no problems.

Is there anyone who can help you with the twins and your other child in the first 6 weeks? You do need to take good care of yourself and whilst looking after newborn twins will be fun, I am sure it would be challenging enough for anyone whether they've had a c-section or not.

Take very good care of yourself and good luck! I look forward to hearing about your new little ones! :cheer:

Michelle
xxx

thx for the replies :hug: that link had some good info! can I just ask tho...does anyone kno what kinda talc I can use on it? just baby powder or does it have to be a special type?

:hug: thx

Don't worry i'm overweight and had a c-section 5 weeks ago and my belly had a little bit that hung down while i was pregnant and now i kinda have to lift up the little bit that hangs down to look at my scar lol but after 10 days i felt so much better and by 3-4 weeks i felt fantastic and was lifting the buggy in and out of the car, hoovering, cleaning the lot! and i feel great and my scar has healed soooo well!!

good luck xx

wow littlepip...that sounds perfect, hope mine goes the same way, well done u!...ok just praying everythin goes well now..thx guys :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back