Scared now why do they have to freak you out

Belle23

Reaction score
Well my BMi is very high and they think it could be difficult to get an eppi in but not impossible. Just proper scared me. I know I don't want one but if I need a c section obviously would need it or spinal. So now they have scared me. Xxxx

was it an anesthetist?

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

how high is your bmi i am going to insist on a epi and mine was thirty

My friend has a really high BMI nearly 40 and she had a successful epi when she had her boy 4 weeks ago so should be no reason why you can;t if that is what you need.

You might not even need a C Section yet so I would say just wait and see and try to stop worrying, I know it's hard but everything will work out :) xxxx

Ok so working in that field as an assistant, not everyone can take to having an epidural it may work it may not work same as a spinal.
Dont let them freak you out hun and try not to worry as its not good for you or the baby and this could also have effects on what they decide x

Ok so working in that field as an assistant, not everyone can take to having an epidural it may work it may not work same as a spinal.
Dont let them freak you out hun and try not to worry as its not good for you or the baby and this could also have effects on what they decide x

^^WSS

Also, I think they just go through every eventuality so you are fully aware rather than say to you at the time that the epi isn't worrking and you have to have general. They have to go through everything with you beforehand iygwim? It doesn't mean that it is likely that will happen xxx

My BMi has gone up to 47 whilst I'm pregnant. I've only put on 8lb since being pregnant. I know it's high and I know I'm a risk but I've so far been problem free. But now I'm freaking out now xxx

its a scary thing labour, im bricking it... but try and relax and not think about it until the time is near. x

My BMi has gone up to 47 whilst I'm pregnant. I've only put on 8lb since being pregnant. I know it's high and I know I'm a risk but I've so far been problem free. But now I'm freaking out now xxx

have you seen an anesthetist?!? I was told same thing. The only reason they say this is to do with being able to do find the space between the vertebrae... it has nothing to do with the fact it won't work correctly on a high bmi.

When i saw the anesthetist, he said I would have no trouble whatsoever and it really only affects extreme bmi. Mine was 39 at the time.

ask for an appt.

Xx

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

That's who I saw today that has scared the crap out of me. He was so blunt about it all and has scared.
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back