Scared dad to be

Nathan

Reaction score
Evening every one my name is Nathan from West Yorkshire
My partner is Sarah and we are expecting our first child dew on the 9th of may
Due to Sarah been diabetic they will deliver him at 38 week. Our main problem is hyporemusis
Sarah has been sick since 16 weeks and is 33 weeks today we have been in and out of hospital from 16 week (2weeks in) 2weeks out. Infact I'm sat at the side of her hospital bed writing this. We have lots of family round us keep coming to see her but to be honest I just need some one else to listen every one keeps saying it will all be fine and I'm not too sure to be honest I'm petrified. And I was just wondering if any one else had suffered from extremely bad hyporemusis.

Thanks in advance
Nathan

Sorry, not suffered from Hypermesis.

I'm in West Yorkshire too & due early July with my 3rd.

Hi nathan.

Can't say I've experienced anything you are going through so all I can say is hold tight and I wish you and your partner all the best.

Keep us updated x

We are now on night 8 in hospital.
Sarah is a bit better today started steroids to try stop the sickness
And is eating little bits they have put a food tube in thus morning and feeding her that way
Will keep you posted
Thanks again

Hi Nathan I was admitted with hyperemesis with my son thankfully it didn't last the full pregnancy but it feels rotten the vomiting never ends and you have no control over it, he staff at the hospital will give her fluids and meds etc and will keep mum and baby well, do not worry they will be ok, if they had any fear for their safety they would deliver the baby, I'm pregnant with number 2 and my GP has just signed me off work with hyperemesis again let's hope it doesn't last so long this time

Prayers for you and your family!

You're already a good dad, try not to worry so much xx
Has your partner tried pregnancy hypnosis or meditation, helped with my sickness massively. There are some on YouTube. Good luck xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back