• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scared and worried

sweetpamii

Reaction score
Hey, basically my OH just got offered a new job in direct sales door to door and it's totally commission based, he's never done anything like this before but really wants to get into sales and work his way up into a good job and this will b great for experience. However it's not the fact there may be weeks he might not make any money that worries me it's the fact it's 11-9 Monday to Saturday he's having to work. It's 4 months till the baby is due and I'm just so scared about these hours. I don't think I can raise a baby on my own even tho we still need the money to raise the baby, I keep thinking of things he'll miss out on such as bath time and the baby doing everything, thing is it's self employed so he won't get money for holidays or anything what if he's away somewhere when I go into labour. I know it's just to get experience but I'm terrified but I don't want to tell him my concerns too much this really is what he wants to do he's so excited about the fact he's getting into a line of work be wants and eventually hopes he can get into a job in sales in a company with set wages and hours but what if it takes longer than expected. I'm sorry for this really large post I don't know who else to talk to xxxx

first of all you must always air your concerns with a partner this is what keeps a relationship strong

secondly you will be fine looking after the baby, my first child her dad was out at 7am and sometimes not back till 7pm, and when he was there he didnt help at all anyway.

babies are very easy to look after as they sleep for about 20 hrs a day, plus having the baby on your own that amount of time means you can get it into an established routine better that works for you, trying to get a baby into a routine with two ppl is a bit harder xx

I totally understand your concerns. Slightly different but when my daughter was around 2 years old my husband gave up his full time job and went back to college full time, he also had to work part time every night too. Shortly after I became pregnant with my ds. Initially it was really hard having 2 kids to look after and as i didnt drive at he time i found i was really isolated which didnt help. The money wasn't my issue either it was the loneliness for those 2 years he wasnt really around and when he was he was studying. We got through it though and although it was hard at the time it was so worth it now. My dh has a good job now with prospects and has been promoted regularly since he started full time work. We now have so much more than what we did back then, if he hadn't of done it we would never have been able to buy a house or do a lot of the things we have. Yes, it was really hard for me at the time but seeing him happy and in a job he loves is great and after he was settled into his job i then went back to uni myself which i dont think i would have done had he not done it first.

My advice would be if he does do it, dont become isolated, join baby groups get out for lunch with friends make your days busy so your not sitting at home alone just you and the baby. I am sure you will both make the right decision for your family. Good luck and i hope it all works out xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back