Scared about 20 week scan

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
Its not for another 2 weeks yet but at my last consultants appointment one of the midwives said 'Im going to warn you that at the 20 week scan we often find things that werent spotted before' and she looked serious :shock:

I dunno why she had to scare me like that! Im already worried cos one of the babys arms is never clearly visible on any of my scan pics and the other day I heard about someone who had been told their baby had fingers missing and I thought to myself 'OMG it can happen.'

Im probably being silly but Im really scared what they might find out :( :oops:

Why the hell did the mw say it like that???? I think if she had said 'just so you know the 20 week scan is a clearer and more thorough scan and we will be checking for growth and making sure everything is okay' that gets the point across without putting the fear of god into someone doesn't it!!!!!

I am so sorry that you are now extra worried - if its any consolation on our dating scan Libby only had small arm & leg buds so wasn't fully formed, and then at the 20 week scan you can only see one of her arms............it has been confirmed that she is 'normal' (i hate that word :wall: ) I think some pics are deceiving so please don't let this panic you too much - stress isn't gonna be good for baby :hug: :hug: :hug: At our 4d scan last week we couldn't see one of her arms, and then we found it she had it tight to one side and holding onto her bum :lol: she then decided that she would move it and show us nothing but her hand :lol:

i'm sure his arm is just tucked in and around him and therefore not visible

oh god hun wot a stupid midwife im sure everything will be fine and he is just laying comfy oh his arm

Of course its true the 20 week scan can pick up on things but your midwife should never have said it like that!! After all its not your first child!! :lol: My 12 week scan looked like baby had no arms and i actually had a couple of people ask if it had any :roll: , but at my growth and 20 week scans (we had extra because blood results came back funny) they said everything was there. Im still terrified of going tfor the 28 week growth scan, that they may find something on that one, but in think every expectant mother feels the same anyway, none of us will be satisfied until we're counting little piggys in the delivery room!! :hug:

Hi

How mean of her dont worry im sure all is fine :hug:
Katrina

Don't worry hun, it will be fine. People say stupid, insensitive things all the time. Remember, that you won't hear about the 99% of things that don't go wrong, only those that do. Just think about all the completely normal babies born out there and compared to the minority who have problems. :hug:

Maybe bubs was hiding his arm around his back practising the one finger salute to give to the midwife at the next scan :)

What an insensitive baffoon!!! I am outraged on your behalf!! I am sure everything will be fine though, :hug:

stupid m/w as if we don't have enough anxiety anyway...I think anxiety before your scan is normal but seems all she has done is add to it.

Try and relax and let us just vent venom at her

oh please don't listen to her.. like you haven't got enough to worry about.. why on earth would she say that :doh:

you'll be fine i'm always sacred about my 20 weeks scan.. and it the same as yours about two weeks.. :lol:

but i'm trying ti keep clam and leave it in gods hands.. there is no point stressing.... i know my baby is safe and fine inside me :lol:

take care hun and if she says something dumb SLAP HER :lol:

Don't worry :hug:

All will be fine, I'm sure they could have picked up on that at your sexing scan if there was anything to worry about :hug:

As it was only a few weeks back I'm sure they would have noticed something like that :)

Even if there did turn out to be something wrong which I'm sure it won't all will work out fine.

My twinnies were born with fingers and toes missing and they get along just fine :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back