Scans

maria1976

Reaction score
Hello peeps

Just a question about scans, i really want a private scan done just to reassure myself and hubby all is ok :)

Can I find anywhere in Brighton Hove way? Can I buggery!! lol

Has anyone got any ideas?? Really dont want to pay £150 :shock:

Ta xx

hmm im not sure, maybe try baby bond www.babybond.co.uk and see if they have any clinics around near you.. private scans are costly, starting at around £95..

hope you find somewhere cheap enough and near your area soon, they are a great experience.. :hug:

I agree with SSS's try babybond, they were wonderful with me and i have only heard good things about them, my gender scan was £75 so not too expensive either hope that helps? :)

Please excuse my ignorance but why would someone want a private scan when you get them with your local hospital or gynecologist? Or is it something along the lines of not fully trusting what the doc’s have said to you before?

Not meaning to be rude, just wanted to know.

I had the same problem!! I tried The Nuffield but they wanted £120 and there was nowhere in Brighton at all, so I found somewhere in Kent who charged us £50 and then I got another scan a couple of weeks alter for free as the first time I went I was only 6 weeks! They have a price list on their website and the piccies we got were really good too.

http://www.kentmedicalimaging.co.uk/

:D

i would try babybond or search on the net for private hospitals in your area that offer scans. i would say most of them should be under £100 for a first scan but if you are looking for a gender scan or one equivalent to the 20 week it might be more expensive.

xxxxxx

Josephine_Beth said:
Please excuse my ignorance but why would someone want a private scan when you get them with your local hospital or gynecologist? Or is it something along the lines of not fully trusting what the doc’s have said to you before?

Not meaning to be rude, just wanted to know.

I had a EPU (early pregnancy unit) scan when i was 7 weeks and then again at 8 due to bleeding, the next scan you get at my local hospital was the 20 weeks scan, (they class the 7/8 week emergency scan as a dating one and they don't do the 12 week one as a result!) my 20 week scan was at 22 weeks which was hell of a long time from my first at 7 weeks.
They also don't tell you the gender at my local hospital so as we wanted to find out we went private,
Thats why we went to babybond :)

OK gotcha now :oops:

Here you have a scan every time you go for a check up, so once a month but it’s not a very clear one for a picture to keep but the doctors can see everything. You then have your 12 week scan, and then 6-8 weeks scan after (5 month), then every 3-4 weeks after. You get your little pictures for free but they are not 100% clear like you all have, you can work them out, no problems there.

Maria I'm not too far from you, we went up to the Norbury (London) branch of baby bond www.babybond.co.uk and know a few other brighton based girlies have been up there too. A basic package will cost you £75 there or £120 with a DVD - both will send you home with pictures. I was very pleased with them and happy to recommend them.

We have our 4D scan booked with Babybond on the 16th June and ca't wait :cheer: I had one done on my little boy and babybond was fab they are well worth a visit :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back