scans and urine samples?

Happybunny

Reaction score
Hello :wave:

I have my scan this Wednesday (I am TERRIFIED)
do I have to take a urine sample with me?

I can't remember what the midwife told me to do and there is
no mention of bringing a sample on the scan letter.

what did other people do?

I didn't need a sample at my first scan but if you're seeing the midwife at the same time you probably will.

My general philosophy when pregnant was 'if in doubt, bring pee'.

YOu will need a full bladder if its an external scan, empty bladder fro an internal.

No idea about a sample though, did anyone give you a sample tube?

im the same as you, but i remember from my first pregnancy i didnt take it and got an ear full. take one in your bag just to be safe

Yeah take one just in case..they might test it anyway. Sods law is if you don't take one they will ask you to do one and your scan will be delayed as you will be filling your bladder back up!!

You wont need a sample at the hospital. Anyway, you have to have a full bladder so you wont have any trouble weeing on demand if they want one! :rotfl: You do have to take one every time you see the midwife though.

Good luck with your scan! I hope that all is well! It's very exciting seeing your baby - Is it your 12 week one? I found that one better than the 20 week one because by then your baby is too big to see everything in one go! I had the scan and then had to go and see the midwife at the hospital who weighed me and gave me my Bounty Pack. Don't forget change for your picture too!

i need to bring pee to my scan but it says so on the letter my midwife dint check my pee as they are doing it
manda xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back