First skan when like 2 months pregnant?

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Nikki2003, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Nikki2003

Nikki2003 Well-Known Member

Does everyone get their first scan when their about 2 months pregnant? I went to my gyno on Wednesday for an exam, they weighed me and had me take an urine sample for them to take a pg test for their own records I guess, checked me down there, and took my blood pressure, and they also took 6-7 'lil things of blood from my arm; they told me that my next visit would be to get a scan....which is 1 weeks from this Saturday and then I gotta go by to my gyno for something else can't remember what though?

2. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

I think normally it's 12 weeks (for your dating scan) and 20 weeks to check for abnormalities.

3. Nikki2003

I don't know maybe it's an ultrasound I'm going for next....I honestly don't know...I'll ask my husband because I can't remember I know I should but I can't think what it's called!

4. bobtheunfortunateone

bobtheunfortunateone Well-Known Member

Mine is at nearly 12 weeks (even though we know what date it is due) But I am having a downs syndrome test (taken from my blood not baby) but when I called to book the scan I said will it be too early she said now the do scans from 10 weeks, so I don't know why you are so early!

5. Jessika

Jessika Well-Known Member

I had a dating scan today, and i'm only five weeks so i think it depends on the area you are in and avaliability...

6. Nikki2003

I ain't going for my scan...I'm going for an ultra sound.

7. Guest

i think they are the same thing really - just depends what you want to call it :D

8. Nikki2003

No those are two different things altogether!

9. Guest

Are they , sorry I didn't know? I've always been told they are the same thing. What's the difference then? :?

10. Nikki2003

I don't know think ultrasound is when you monitor a fetus using a machine and a scan is when you look something over in the body using a machine...so maybe they are about the same...I don't care....nor do I totally know.

11. Guest

Oh right okie.... cheers for trying to explain!! :D