Scan tomorrow...

blondy13

Reaction score
Hi girls!
Hope you've all been enjoying the sunshine this weekend!
I have got my internal scan tomorrow as I have suspected PCOS and am a little nervous!
Has anyone had one and does it hurt? and have you got any tips?
I'm also looking forward to getting some definite answers, but it's very scary.
xxx

i have had quite a few internal scans, about 4 - 5. it doesn't hurt to have an internal scan done, they use a small rod thing that apparently they slip a condom looking thing over (my oh's words, lol), they put loads of the gel stuff on it and it slides in really easily (tmi sorry). u can feel the pressure as they move it around to look at ur ovaries but not an overally horrible experience. u dont need a full bladder so try and empty it just before going in, but they usually send u into the loo to put the gown on anyway.

any others questions feel free to ask. Good luck tomorrow i hope u get some good news xx

Hey blondy hope all goes well tomorrow. Hope u don't mind me asking but did the dr send u for scan or did u get referred to fertility clinic first? I too have suspected pco's but I have been referred to clinic as I have high testosterone levels and normal eastrogen levels. Xx

Hi tinks. I have a family history of pcos and when my periods didn't come back after stopping the pill I went to docs and they sent me for a blood test and internal scan. I think this is normal protocol to diagnose pcos. It only took 4 weeks to get a scan so it might be worth you going back to docs and asking if you can have one while your waiting for gyno appointment? I have a gp appointment in a weeks time and I think she will refer me to gyno from there but I'm not expecting to be seen soon :( have you got your date through? Have you had any other symptoms? I have developed bad acne and noticed hairs growing on my chin and upper lip.
Thanks for your support girls- will update tomorrow xxx

Last edited:
Good luck Blondy, hope you get your answers! xx

yep i definitely got answers :(
Both my ovaries are very enlarged with multiple cysts in - the tech showed me on screen.
So that with my blood results and symptoms mean I have quite a bad form of pcos.
I'm kind of relieved to know, but feel sad at the same time :(
xxx

Sorry it wasn't better news Hun but least u have answers and they can start treating u. Are they starting u on medication?

My dr's are referring me so don't have a date yet, I phoned clinic today & they said I should get an appointment within 6 wks so guess it isn't too bad. I am going to dr's thurs to see if I can have a scan any earlier, I font seem to have any symptoms apart from higher testosterone levels.

I hope u are ok & sending you :hugs: xx

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that :( Did they say what the next step was? thinking of you x

Blondy13 try to stay positive. I got diagnosed in Nov with PCOS and was told I wasn't ovulating at all. Started medication in Jan and was pregnant by May. I may have been extremely lucky I don't know but I never thought this was going to happen. Be strong hun.xx

Last edited:
Blondy i am in exactly the same situation as you , both my ovaries are extremely enlarged and full of cysts , my periods stop all together regularly , and i have lots of the other symptons , the only one that i dont have is a weight issue. I'm on my first cycle of Clomid now , started the tablets yesterday 100mg and have my scan to check if my follicles are growing , popping a week on Wed . x x x

Aw it sounds horrible but it's good to know I'm not alone.
Did your gp's refer you straight to fertility clinic when you got diagnosed? I am going back to gp on Monday to discuss what to do next and be referred I guess... I'm nervous about that now.
You had any side effects from clomid yet kirstymichelle? Do you have bad skin as a symptom of your pcos? Mine is awful :( xxx

awe sorry to hear ur news blondy, but at least u have some answers now and hopefully that means it can be sorted really soon and ul get ur bf sooner rather than later now that you know i can be sorted xxxx

I'm sorry to hear your news Blondy but just wanted to say I admire your positivity. I'm sure you will do everything you can to ease the symptoms and with your GP's help you should have the same chance as other woman. So many women suffer with PCOS, you are not alone hon.

Got everything crossed for you xx

Sorry to hear your news - big hug

xx

Thanks everyone! Hubby has bought me a book on PCOS bless him. Even though I don't need to lose weight I'm trying to eat low gi foods to maybe help things. Other than that I have a gp appointment on Monday after work to decide where to refer me. The lady that did my scan said it looked like I was going to need help ovulating, so fx a fertility referral will happen. I'm quite nervous about going to gp actually, I mean she might say no you've only been trying a few months etc- but surely trying is pointless if I'm not ovulating!! Aghhh!!

Sorry to hear ur news hun, fx the docs will be able to help u get ur bfp soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back