• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scan Results...

MissJuly10

Reaction score
Well.. The doctor... was bloody damned awful as per usual!! Hubby is adamant we're switching to private now because it was the worst appointment ever! Just over half an hour we spent in there with our GP shouting over hubby... :strangle:

Scan results are back - everything looks fine but there are "a few follicles" on my ovaries which the GP interprets "may or may not be PCOS as it is so mild". :wall:

So basically we're no better or worse off right now... still stuck wondering what the hell's going on!!

Asked to be referred to Gyno, he refused saying we hadn't been trying for long enough. :cry:

Asked for blood tests.... He muttered something about them but never actually gave us requests as again we've not been trying for 12 months. :sad: :cry:

So effing frustrated!! :sad: :sad:

I told him that I'd been scanned and had blood tests for PCOS which came back clear but he took no notice. I swear I had steam blowing out of my ears in there!!!!

Got to go back in two months for a referral. Unless we go private. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

On the plus side (I think).. I have spotted some EWCM, blobs of it. Thought I was feeling a little "wet" and that was the cause! Got BDing with hubby...Have also spotted some pinky spots in undies. :rolleyes:

x x

So sorry you're having a rough time with your Dr missj, could you not speak to one of the other Dr's at your practice, maybe they would be more proactive???
Good news about the cm though, hopefully you won't need a referral because you'll have a bfp xxx

Oh hun, I'm sorry your appointment was so crappy. Can you not change your GP?

Other than my GP, there is only one other doctor there and he apparently makes very rare appearances. :confused:

My GP takes the majority of the patients - out of all the times I've been to the GP, I've seen the other doctor once and even that was literally just a glimpse of him in the receptionist's office.

The other local surgeries are full and my current one only took me on as my husband was already registered there.

I feel so blue. :(

Don't really want to read up much on PCOS as I know I've already had scans and bloods which came back clear but at the same time... I just don't know what to think. My GP didn't reassure us at all, just kept saying "well it could be PCOS but it could be something else entirely, we don't know" but he didn't even bother making any effort to actually find out what the hell it is! He said there were certain treatments for PCOS but obviously til we know what it is, we can't be treated! So we assumed he'd want to find out but nope.... we can't find out til we've been TTC for a year!! What a load of balls!! :cry:

x x

Last edited:
Blooming gp's they are so damn annoying at times! They just dont realise how much these things mean to you! I have 3 friends that are doctors and Im constantly moaning to them. Believe it or not they have told a friend to lie about the length of time on ttc to get tests!!! Im sorry Miss J! In terms of the spotting after bd I think its normal. I had it for up to 5 weeks when I bd!

Well I told hubby I think we're at the 10 month mark, we've been trying since we got married. :(

So annoyed and got a lovely headache coming on... It's all the wall banging! ;)

x x

The other thing that drives me crazy is that the very lovely women(not) when I asked her if my chances of another mc as Id had one increased said no but you have to have 3 before any tests would be done anyeay!Absolute joke and disgrace!!!

Anyway what I mean to say honey is try to relax, watch a movie or do something you enjoy. For today put it to the back of your mind and try to get rid of the headache! Tomorrow get ready to take them on! Today take care of u!

Thanks hun. Got some TV to catch up on and some housework too...blerrrgh. :(

It's awful you have to have 3 MCs, the whole thing seems to be a bloody joke. :wall:

Hubby went and got me a box of choccies after the docs, bless him lol.

x x

Oh bless! Yum! I also have housework but as its the start of my 2 weeks holiday reckon cleaning is on hold till tomorrow at least! Enjoy the choccies!

Lol. I did some of the house work yesterday so only a couple of jobs for today but it's still two too many for me. ;) x x

Hey missj - sorry the doctor was a useless toad! In the words of Mrs Brown - " he's not doctor dolittle .. He's doctor do fuck all "

Parden my French!

Good news about the EWCM - what CD are you? Bet your cycle has shortened now .. Hopefully you are in your 2ww now with a BFP at the end just waiting for you. You bloody deserve it chick xx

Hey missj - sorry the doctor was a useless toad! In the words of Mrs Brown - " he's not doctor dolittle .. He's doctor do fuck all "

hahah! love Mrs BRown L)

So sorry Miss J... was at my gp this morning and was a complete waste of time as well! Whole day off sick to be told to take paracetamol and come back in two days!.

Some people should just not be doctors!

Thanks girls. Think I'm CD25-26? Something like that? I started bleeding on the 10th March. I have just had blood when wiping. Happened twice now and seemed to be more the second time. No cramping, just an intense ache on my left side? :confused: It's not spots of blood either but it's not loads... Hmmm. Will keep an eye on it. So confused!!

x x

hahah! love Mrs BRown L)

So sorry Miss J... was at my gp this morning and was a complete waste of time as well! Whole day off sick to be told to take paracetamol and come back in two days!.

Some people should just not be doctors!

Agreed!!

It really annoyed me when the GP said we couldn't be referred and have to wait 2 more months! Hopefully we'll be duffaged by then and I can shove a BFP in his face! :strangle:

x x

Argh Miss J, just reading about your doctor is enough to enrage someone, let alone being in a room with him!!

Really hope you manage to find a more sympathetic/interested doctor soon, and even better, get a nice BFP to go with it

xx

So F***ing cross for you Miss J.

Taking TTC out of the equation cycles as long as yours are considered 'Not Normal' so that in itself should be reason to be referred to a gynae!

Grrrrr! Maybe you should do what I did and speak to the practice manager and complain, other than that my mate/botox guy is a GP and he runs a city centre walk in centre, if you have one of those in a town near you you could go there and there will be loads of different docs there.

Other than that I got a price for an initial consultation at a BMI hospital with a fertility doc and it was £180-£190. You could certainly go and have a chat and see what they say.

Also if you have spotting be sure to be checked for STIs like chalmydia, when I had spotting my doc gave me all the swabs.

xx

Sorry to hear wbout your appointment. I too have been getting spotting between periods.. had some tests for STi's extra which were all ok but its carried on. I never had any problems before we starting trying so goodness knows what happening! I am going to make another appoitment with my GP this week as its not changing, we have been trying for 8 months so not had any other tests. Will let you know how my GP reacts. So gatecrashed your thread but its supportive to know that other people have had similar issues.

I. hate. the. nhs.

Really sorry for you MissJ :hug:

Even if you decide to go private, you won't have to get everything privately... even if you just saw a private consultant and got an honest professional opinion, you could then take that back to an Nhs GP for free diagnostics or whatever.

It's horrible when you are going through hell and some doctors can seem so bloody heartless :(

Thanks ladies. I appreciate the replies. Feeling so in limbo with it all as doc still refuses to do tests. Hubby said that surely the fact our scan is a bit of a question mark is enough to run some blood tests so we at least know what it means - whether it is mild PCOS or not - but doc won't even let us find out what exactly the follicles mean. :(

ARGH!!

Other than that, I have continued to have the blood when wiping, although now it tends to be a bit more of a pinky red/ blood streaked EWCM. :confused: I BDed the night before last and hubby had a tiny bit of blood on him as well. So confused!! :(

No cramps/pain, had a pinch in my side earlier when I sneezed and same last night when I moved. Spoken to a family member who is a midwife and been told it could be IB as you're apparently more fertile after MC. Hoping it is indeed a little bean but obviously not going to pin my hopes up. Will do a test in the next week or so.

Whacked on some pads when I started bleeding, the first day I had nothing but second and third I had small patches of pink. :rolleyes:

It could just be mid cycle spotting but the blood I had on wiping is making me wonder.

Oh well.... Time will tell eh?

x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back