Scan question

Kandle

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I had my 12 week scan on Monday (yay) and all was very well. I've just sent the photo to a friend of mine who is a mum (this is my first pregnancy) and she said that she thinks the baby is a boy from the scan. I was shocked! I hadn't even tried to decifer it, thinking that there was no chance of telling until the 20 week scan. My partner and I don't want to know in any event....well at least that's the decision today, it does change every day!

Do you think there is a chance of telling form the 12 week scan picture? If I know how to attch it I would!

:shock:

It's very unlikely! There is a nub theory but it's not 100%. It's alot easier to tell after 16/17 weeks!

i used to be a porter in a hospital and i have moved a few women from the scanning room and 3 of them said they have been told about the sex at 13 weeks. it seems that some babies develop some body parts quicker than normal.
also depends on positioning of the baby and how full your bladder is and so many other factors.
what im saying is just my experience in the past from talking women after their scans and speeking to staff, but this is not always the way things go. you wont have a defonate until about 17 weeks at the very earliest.

Good luck. x

Congratulations hun glad the scan went well - heard about the nub theory but as the others say couldn't find out for sure until your 20 week scan and then depends if baby is in the right position to see x

Congratulations hun, glad your scan went well x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back