Scan moved me back 8 days...

fairyprincess

Reaction score
Hey ladies, as it says in the title when I had my scan they moved me back 8 days. Obviously this is really common and I was expecting it as I knew exactly when I ovulated.

So, why am I so bothered that I'm only 6w3d rather than 7w4d? The EDD changing doesn't bother me at all but I was so proud with how my pregnancy was progressing and reading in my book where baby was up to. Since I've been put back I'm gutted as I feel like babies already done that so there's no progression. If that makes crazy sense?!

Obviously I'm really grateful to be pregnant in the first place and that baby is growing and there's a heartbeat. Just miffed that I'm not further along.

I know I'm being really silly, wondering if anyone else felt like that? X

I know how you feel. I also felt like it really dragged while i got back to where i was supposed to be.
I did feel a little disappointed but i can't really explain why:s xxx

I'm the same, I was moved back 4 days and for some reason it's gone slow and I felt a bit sad about it xxx

Same, I was moved back 6 days from 8 weeks to 7-1. For me it was feeling like another week of danger, being 5 weeks till safety instead of 4! I'm a bit better now I'm over where I'd got too x

I'd be gutted to get put back.

You might find that it'll change again at your twelve week scan though hun as these bubbas grow and change at different rates in the first 12 weeks.

XX

Ok, glad other people felt like that too, it is probably to do with feeling like I'm further away from 12 weeks than I was.

I was thinking that Emily but I really don't want it to change again! X

I was put back 2 weeks I was gutted too but times flying by now xx

Last edited:
Did they put you in line with when you ovulated or further back than that?

When I had an early scan in a previous pregnancy at just over 7 weeks, I was put back about a week and I knew it was impossible, from when I'd got a positive test etc

When I went back 10 days later I was only 2 days behind. It seems if you have scans very early then often get put back as they are measuring something that is minuscule.

I bet you have caught up by 12 week scan of you are sure of your dates.

I am not having an early scan until gone 10 weeks this time and that is one of the reasons

Yeah the 8 days then put me back is what I expected as I ov late due to PCOS. Bubs measured 5.8mm which was pretty accurate for when I knew I ov'd x

Oh girl ANYONE would be feeling this way! In the awful first tri, every day is a victory. And the time just drags SO slowly. Even getting set one day back would make me cry! I ovulated late this cycle, my cycles were long and irregular from nursing my son so much, so going by LMP I'm 8 weeks tomorrow but I'm putting myself a week behind that just to keep my hopes and excitement at bay.

Hugs!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back