• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scan date!!!

ZoeM

Reaction score
:wave: Hi Everyone

Ok.....I'm beginning to get really fed up with this now....

I lost a baby in Feb and was tod that if I get pregnant again, I have to ask my doctor to refer me to the Early Pregnancy Unit at the hosp. for an 8 week scan.

Well, I am preg again. I went to my doctor, who preceeded to tell me that they only refer "bleeders" to the Early Pregnancy Unit!! However, she would refer me to the Anti-Natal Unit and request an early appointment. She said I would get an appointment within 2-4weeks.

Well, I was 8 weeks preg on Monday and decided to phone the AN Unit to ask them whether an appointment was on its way.

My appointment is for 11 July, when I shall be 11 and a half weeks pregnant!!!

I don't know what to do now, I rang and left a message for my doctor to call me, but she didn't call back!!

Shall I just leave it? I thought women who had lost a baby were entitled to an early scan?

Zo

Depends on unit and hospital.If were told this was done then they should keep to their word, i was refered to the early pregnancy unit after a MC but i had a little bleed.....
I know your desperate to make sure your baby is ok but sometimesc its best to let things take course and at 8 weeks you might not see much.
If you have a bleed then get referred to the unit staright away.

Im sorry im not much help but thats what happened to me

Thanks

I've just called the Early Pregnancy Unit and a Staff Nurse is going to see what she can do.

Zo

Good luck, Hopefully you will get your scan

Hope you get a scan soon honey. Let us know how you get on. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen